Is the DMG running MotoGP?

bigoltool

Registered
If I were a conspiracy theorist, I would have to think that this latest move by Carmelo Ezpeleta (head of the FIM) was directly targeted at Ben Spies, Marco Simoncelli or Alvaro Bautista. Three guys who should be in MotoGP now (as I have posted several times before) instead of some of the fillers now in the series! Alas I am not [a conspiracy theorist] and can only look at this as another in a long line of impotent maneuvers by the Spaniard to turn the MotoGP series into a clown circus. The newest rule they are "proposing" for 2010 would make it impossible for a rookie to move directly into a front line factory team in MotoGP! Why? The official reason is to force the factories to support the satellite teams. But it doesn't take much thought to see that this would effectively leave the Factory guys (some would say Prima Donna's the lot of them) on the best machines rather than having to face the latest crop of really fast young guys on equal equipment. How is this good for the sport in any way shape or form? :banghead:

Link 1
Link 2

11954240591717984522johnny_automatic_head_up_ass.svg.hi.png

Not a good idea. The factory is never gonna support a satellite team as well as the factory team, no matter what stupid rule they try to make.

Spies should just stay in WSBK if he doesn't get a factory ride as MotoGP may be on its death bed. I could see the series failing and Rossi and Stoner dicing it up with Spies in WSBK.

WSBK is soo much cheaper.

Its hard to understand some of the decisions these sanctioning bodies make with regards to rules and homologation but I have never heard of a closed society of racers before!
Shame, MotoGP does offer cutting edge technology and the races are usually fun to watch, I guess they just dont want any new comer stepping in and running the show?

Not to thread jack here, but I saw that Buell was victorious in Fontana (AMA / DMG)! Hats off to them!
An 1125cc bike outrunning all those 600s!
Talk about screwed up rules....

Anyway, I hope Nicky runs the table this year!

He better consider just what he is doing. There is very little street bike transfers from MotoGp bikes that couldn't be done LOTS cheaper in the WSK area. And they use direct link bikes, not bikes that are NOT ALLOWED to use anything street based. With the cost of everything going up and the World Economic Problems, a cut in MotoGp by many seems a very good idea. Look at Honda in F1, NO ONE last year thought Honda would withdraw from F1. Same here in the AMA series, well maybe here as the rules are INSANE and now the racing is Hooo Hummm ! Not the least the TV coverage is now 2 to 3 weeks after the race. So, who really wants to watch something you knew the results of two weeks earlier unless you've got a really boring afternoon to kill (or like me, sitting in my comfy chair while a BLIZZARD was going on outside :laugh: ) .

So, if you have to keep slower riders who have been there too long and cost too much, why spend all that $$$$ just to lose. New Blood always has made racing interesting and cheaper (until they start winning) even if he didn't win. And Old Blood that can't win (Hayden is falling into this area) is just Yesterdays News :whistle:

Lamb is all for weird rules if it makes the racing better. All we want to see is close finishes and many competitive teams vying for wins. We don't understand how this helps make racing closer.

Not a good idea. The factory is never gonna support a satellite team as well as the factory team, no matter what stupid rule they try to make.

Spies should just stay in WSBK if he doesn't get a factory ride as MotoGP may be on its death bed. I could see the series failing and Rossi and Stoner dicing it up with Spies in WSBK.

WSBK is soo much cheaper.

+1

Rossi has been quoted several times as possibly having interest in running WSBK one of these days. Who knows? Maybe he'll make the move there after his GP Yamaha contract is up. The WSBK field is so much deeper anyways. Can you imagine: Spies, Rossi, Stoner, Biaggi, Haga, and Hopper all running the same series? DAMN!! :thumbsup::beerchug:

Lamb is all for weird rules if it makes the racing better. All we want to see is close finishes and many competitive teams vying for wins. We don't understand how this helps make racing closer.

But...the thing of it is....WSBK doesn't need "weird rules," stay cutting edge with technology, and still remain super competitive and with some damn good close racing (although it looks like Ben Spies might change the landscape of close racing in a few more rounds. He may end up running away with the title).

Back