Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
Is Edwards out..
rock.gif

Or maybe a 3 bike team next year....

Yamaha MotoGP rider announcement

Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd announces that it has concluded a two-year agreement with 250cc World Champion Jorge Lorenzo. The 20-year-old Spaniard will make his MotoGP debut in 2008 aboard a YZR-M1, with direct Factory support.

Lorenzo, who won the 250 title in 2006, is currently leading the championship, after winning six out of the first ten races this season.

"Yamaha has been watching Jorge's career with interest for some time and we are delighted that he will be joining our MotoGP line-up from next season" - commented Lin Jarvis, Managing Director of Yamaha Motor Racing. "We are sure that he will be a valuable asset for the future and we look forward to the commencement of his MotoGP career with Yamaha."

The exact structure of Yamaha's team and rider organization is still under consideration at the present time. Further details, including Lorenzo's team structure, will be announced in due course.[/Quote]

So does this specifically mean he is on Rossi's team, or could he be on a different team on a Yamaha?

Can't imagine Edwards getting tossed, he's done a yoeman's work testing for Yamaha this season and last one...
rock.gif

Maybe he's looking over another fence??
rock.gif

rock.gif

Not on the Tech 3 team.

They said he's getting direct factory support.  Tech 3 is a satellite team, doesn't have direct factory support.

The way I read the release is he'll be Rossi's teammate, but it is uncertain if the factory team will run 3 riders or 2.

Similar to the Ducati Marlboro team. Is Capirossi out or are they going to run 3 riders...

Wow... there is also talk that current World Superbike Championship leader James Toseland will be in MOTOGP next year as well. Nothing finalized though ...

Surely hope Edwards is back with the team !

(Charlesbusa @ Jul. 25 2007,18:35) Not on the Tech 3 team.

They said he's getting direct factory support.  Tech 3 is a satellite team, doesn't have direct factory support.

The way I read the release is he'll be Rossi's teammate, but it is uncertain if the factory team will run 3 riders or 2.

Similar to the Ducati Marlboro team.  Is Capirossi out or are they going to run 3 riders...
Edwards
tounge.gif

Lorenzo currently rides for Aprilla...maybe he will ride 250's for Yamaha before jumping to GP
rock.gif

(BA BUSA @ Jul. 25 2007,19:06) Lorenzo currently rides for Aprilla...maybe he will ride 250's for Yamaha before jumping to GP
rock.gif
Read the quote bro
poke.gif

MotoGP bike
race.gif

There was an article about this on Superbike planet. They are even hinting that Rossi may go to another Yamaha Squad to get on BRIDGESTONES! Highly unlikely but the way Michelin is getting it handed to em this year nothing would surprise me.

Lorenzo is insane(!)
crazy.gif
and will most assuredly make an impact in MotoGP! Edwards just hasn't gotten it done at race distance this year. He always seems to qualify well but on sub-optimal tires he struggles! Seems Logical to expect Edwards to go to a Satellite squad but he has stated over and over that he won't race on anything but Michelins in MotoGP! That is a serious limitation to put on his career but if thats what he wants??

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2007/Jul/070725-ce2.htm

Side note- Does anyone recall what Kevin Schwantz's deadline was to form a team for next year? Think about this one for a second. An all Texan MotoGP team! Edwards and Spies riding and Schwantz holding the reigns! A reach I know but hey I am allowed!
beerchug.gif

Good stuff... maybe Edwards is heading over to Suzuki since Hopkins/Capirossi is confirmed to move over to Kawi ??
lurk.gif

I think they'll run three factory bikes.
What's this rumor of Spies moving to MotoGP?

Spies has a contract thru 2008 in the AMA.

If Edwards goes Suzuki, it'll be on Bridgestones...

Back