Is it worth just adding the PC3

rdwarrior

Registered
I was just wondering if its worth just installing the PC3 on a stock 06 busa ? Reason asking is, many new fuel injected bikes are mapped pretty lean on the bottom end and rich on the top end, (already have the smart TRE installed) and if I add for now the BMC filter,and drilled exhaust would a PC3 with a stock map down loaded benifit me. Im on a budjet ride now and trying to get one thing at a time each month and the full muzzy is the most expensive item, the PC3 is $254.00 at cyclemart and would like to order that beggining of next month with the BMC filter.So if its on my garage shelf maybe the busa might run slightly better
rock.gif
(not that its running bad now,LOL), or even improve gas mileage, I might just go ahead and install it? Any opinions?, thanks.

I assume the stock map in a PCIII is tuned for performance (slightly rich) and not fuel mileage (slightly lean) near the bottom.

You'll gain response in low revs but lose fuel mileage.

It'll definitely help performance with a BMC filter and as far as I can tell the fuel mileage difference is negligable.

It'll help if you go get a custom map. The current Motorcyclist mag has a write up on an R6 they had done.

Thanks for the inputs, im gonna order one and make believe for now I dont have it in my closit,LOL.Then when I finnaly get the muzzy exhaust Ill say, (gee, I wonder if thet PC3 is still in the closet".
rock.gif

well if interested i have a sweet muzzy map you can try

i might also be seling my muzzy this winter to step up to something different lat me know

(Johnnycheese @ Oct. 22 2006,11:24) it is truly amazing that you will install a tre and then asked a pc3
SHOCKED.gif
Because TREs totally rock dude!  
egitarre77.gif

super.gif

(Johnnycheese @ Oct. 22 2006,08:24) it is truly amazing that you will install a tre and then asked a pc3
SHOCKED.gif
Well the first reason is that on the 06 FZ1's they did the same thing on that bike, limit the power in the first four gears and the throttle snatch,(as we called it) was horrible, after spending $650 bucks and climing to get the 06 FZ1 to toast my wifes 02 Fz1 after 4,500 rpm's I was still frustrated that I had to yet spend another $350 bucks on a timing PC and another $175 on a new design TRE from ivan , that I said, enough is enough. My wifes 02 would still pull away from me in a 6th gear 3,000 rpm rollon! So among other things for trading in the 06 FZ1 which I wont bother crying about, I decided to give a new bike a try and it ended up being a busa, so ivan already had the smart TRE for this bike and I just for piece of mind did not want my computer eliminating all the possible TQ in the lower gears and top speed eliminator is only for the bragging rite,LOL. But i did notice a definit difference when I installed the TRE, it stays in and it was cheaper than the TRE for the 06 FZ1. Im lovin the low torque of this bike and I want it all.
bowdown.gif

(mrninja9 @ Oct. 22 2006,06:20) well if interested  i have a sweet  muzzy map  you can try  

i might also be seling my muzzy this winter to step up to something different   lat me know
So when does the winter start for you, down here in central florida we don"t have winter,LOL. Might be intrastead in the pipes, I see shultz has a full system for $499.00. Are they in good shape?

You might want to read a bit more on what a TRE does on a Busa. Read about the limted power in the first 4 gears.I wouldnt waste my money on a TRE. PC3R on a stock Busa will smooth out the low speed surge and maybe add a few HP but there wasnt a noticable difference in power on my bike.

race.gif
Yea, TRE will richen - balance more flow from airbox and exhaust changes. Work for SCT Flash which does chip mods for Ford GT40.

(kleckbusa @ Nov. 29 2006,15:44)
race.gif
 Yea, TRE will richen - balance more flow from airbox and exhaust changes. Work for SCT Flash which does chip mods for Ford GT40.
So if the SmartTRE richens the mixture already, then I guess installing a BMC filter in the unmodded stock air box should maybe benift from it? I can get 50MPG at a steady cruise if I stay around 70-MPH with the SmartTRE installed, seems same as with out installed. So would it be okay to install a BMC filter for now also with out the PC3?.Thanks, if I dont ask ,I wont find out,LOL.

I have the Smart TRE w/ Gear Indicator.  I can turn the TRE on/off by hand and usually only have it on when I know I'm going to be hitting the 180+ barrier. I mean, errr, that's what I plan on doing.

Back