Iraq Hayabusa

gabusa

Donating Member
Registered
I'm in need of assistance. I'm currently deployed in Iraq and my Busa is sitting on stands in Germany. Can someone provide me a list of all the things I will need to get my bike back operational. I have not ridden my bike since Sept 07 because I was in Missouri in the snow and when I PCSd to Germany of course it was snowing and I deployed three weeks after arrival so I know my bike is going to need alot of love. I was lucky to find the Suzuki dealer the next town over.

You might need a new battery if you didn't disconnect it. It will run a little rough until you get new gas in it.. Otherwise, you may not need much. Just do a good pre-ride inspection...

You might need a new battery if you didn't disconnect it. It will run a little rough until you get new gas in it.. Otherwise, you may not need much. Just do a good pre-ride inspection...

+1. In your inspect, be sure to look hard at your rubber hoses, etc. If you're not particularly mechanical, take it to a shop and have them give it a once-over.

Thanks for your time in the sandbox, brother. Much obliged.

:beerchug:

+2 on what Projekt said! Has it been sitting on front and rear stands? If not, may have a flat spot on the front.

First, get as much of the old gas out of the tank. Disconnect the fuel line and drain what's in there too. When you add fresh gas, add some fuel system cleaner. New sparkplugs wouldn't hurt either. Don't go to the dealer, find an autoparts store and get some NGK plugs there. The bike might run alittle rough at first, but if you did get as much old gas out, the rough running should be at a minimum. Set the tire pressure, check the chain and ride the bike some. I'd ride for atleast a halfhour and lube the chain when you get back.

Oil change/New tires/service chain

check the fuel system.. stored empty? may want to pull the tank and clean it out/ stored full? might be able to burn off that fuel or just dump it in your car and put fresh in (my choice)

Might want to put a touch of lube in the motor before firing it up too, at the very least crank it over till it has good oil pressure.. dry cams are a bad thing...

Give the chain ALOT of love, i'd change the oil but thats just me... and like GM said... dont even bother to start it, drain all the old gas out, as much as you can, then put fresh gas in with some cleaner and run it up. It will run rough i'm sure at first but should get better.

Back