iPhone OS 4.0 jailbreak released

PandaNin

Donating Member
Registered
Point your iPhone's safari browser to JailbreakMe

From there it will prompt you to install. No need to have the phone connected to the computer.

The servers are getting POUNDED right now so you might want to wait a few hours before trying.

So what exactly will this allow us to do ?
I see it will give me apps apple doesn't allow but will it allow any other things like addtl functions or stuff ?

Oh my, it allows sooooooooo much stuff.

There are apps that have been unauthorized by Apple that are out there, free and others that cost.

For example:

MyWi; $10; let's your iphone become a WiFi hotspot. Connect your computer to it via wireless and surf the web via your phone (no add'l fees to AT&T)

5-item dock. Put 5 icons down there instead of 4. (free)

SBSettings. One place to adjust your brightness, wifi, 3G, other options. Access by right-swiping across top of screen (free)

There are many more. It will still sync with iTunes just fine. Only difference is iTunes will not backup apps that were installed via Cydia.

Cydia is the icon that is placed there after jailbreaking. It's where you can get the non-authorized apps.

Their servers must be getting hammered; I keep getting timeouts trying to download stuff. I still have a "pending TSS request", etc.

Shoot - search won't even find SBSettings. Can't get Winterboard installed

MyWi - eh?

Yes, MyWi 4.0 is out.

ModMyi is getting POUNDED. Wait till tomorrow to try to get some apps.

I was able to download SBSettings but that's about it so far.

bah installed it last nite and dont know what heck to do :poke:

Get something to drink
Open Cydia
Go to Manage
Scroll & drink

When you find something you like, install it. Don't like it, uninstall it.

My choices:

droidlock (lockscreen like a droid) free
five item dock (5 icons on bottom of screen) free
SBSettings (easy access to settings) free
MyWi 4.0 (mobile wifi hotspot) $

For the next few days Cydia will be very slow. Only a few million people hitting it at once.

I'm writing this via MyWi right now :thumbsup:

Hrmmm - MyWi sets up an ad-hoc network...need to see if there's one that functions in access point mode.

Put a Win 7 theme on there via Winterboard.

Time to get back to playing!

I tried to jailbreak my 3GS a few months ago, but at the time, only a tethered jailbreak was available. I removed the jailbreak. I'm glad that there's untethered now for the devices!

Get something to drink
Open Cydia
Go to Manage
Scroll & drink

When you find something you like, install it. Don't like it, uninstall it.

My choices:

droidlock (lockscreen like a droid) free
five item dock (5 icons on bottom of screen) free
SBSettings (easy access to settings) free
MyWi 4.0 (mobile wifi hotspot) $

For the next few days Cydia will be very slow. Only a few million people hitting it at once.

cool

needed to download some other stuff to make them work.

thanks

This was easy like the first time the jailbreak stuff came out back on the 2g model. Thanks for the heads up on this! :beerchug:

Anyone run into any issues with this? I want to jailbreak my iPhone 4 and use MyWi but thought I'd check first to see if there has been any problems.

Back