Interest in a traveling cookie jar?

Dr E

Donating Member
Registered
Jay Willie had a great idea posted in another thread...something good did come out of that crazy thread...

OK back on point, who would be interested in doing a traveling cookie jar? We have a jar/can/container a member fills it with cookies and sends them on to another member. Along with the jar a book of comments that you can include any random message to go with your cookies to the next person. You receive the cookies, eat them and enjoy them then agree to fill the jar add some comments and pass them on to the next member. Just a goodwill/share some of your family goodies with other members.

Is there any interest in doing this? We could get a list of people together and see about getting this started.

If this goes, I would be willing to start it on our end. For fun you can add a recipe of your cookies and then after lets say one year form when this starts, we gather all the recipes together and put out a thread call The Org Traveling Cookie Book.

Last edited:
Maybe we can get a sticky if this gets enough feedback and then we get it started. I would say we just do a list of those that respond in order of appearance in the thread. For instance, I can send the jar to badazgtp (having them send their address to me in a PM) and then they in turn would send it to MrsRubber2burn...and so on?

I hate you Dr. E. Because of you (and many others in the other thread, too, actually) I now have a cookie craving with no way to relieve it. I have no cookies!

How about including pics? Maybe something along the lines of 'has to be of the bike, the 'bounty', and the 'bum who receives them, enjoying them' with shared comments on the back?

or (and I hope this doesn't sound too complicated...)

send along a disk key to compile photos, blogs/recipes on? Might make it easier to do an annual post up in a dedicated area on the .oRg? And probably need to see if we can get a good twenty or so cookie-holics before we 'fire up the ovens'? That would make for some good traffic in a year, depending on how quick the turn around, obviously, the more the merrier! And sending cookies in a square tin may ship better...or is there something about shipping food that's a no-no now? Just thinking out loud here, but, no matter what, please count me in!

Me like cookies!! :beerchug:

I hate you Dr. E. Because of you (and many others in the other thread, too, actually) I now have a cookie craving with no way to relieve it. I have no cookies!

I will gladly send you some cookies if you help keep that darned cookie jar out of my house!!!!!!! :laugh:

Jay Willie, I knew you were trouble the first time I laid eyes on you!!!! :rofl:

Instead of cookies could you send me beer and purn?.......... just say'n :beerchug:

To answer Boaz, I do not see why we can not ship to an APO address.

So my plan is to get a jar (Sturdy Tin container), a book, and find a good USB drive to send with the cookies.

How would you like to handle the "Next Person for the Jar" list? First PM received gets the cookies?

Back