installing new clutch.. which springs setup

AZIROC

Registered
so its time for a new clutch pack, 38k miles, figure since im installing the new clutch cover might as well change it out as well. i got the APE clutch pack and the APE HD springs, just curious if i should put all 6 HD springs in or just 3 HD and 3 stock springs. and if i should do the 3 HD and 3 stock springs, do i need 2 get 3 new stock springs, or just use 3 from the pack im about to take out? oh, and i already got a 1 piece clutch mod done.

If you decide to do 3 HD and 3 stock let me know and I would buy the other 3 HD springs from you.

I have wanted to use a heavier spring but seems all 6 HD leads to a very heavy clutch pull.

Sorry I don't have any input on the question above.

Ive heard the same thing about the clutch pull. i wont b doing any major drag racing any time soon so just for going out to bike nights and rides with friends, i dont feel like fighting my clutch pull. i may do a few passes at the track, but no weekend warrior stuff at the track. but i will have the cams / nitrous and possibly head work later, so idk if i NEED the HD springs. if i dont need them, you will b the 1st i go to 4 the other 3 HD springs.

Thanks
thumb_up.gif

I'm sure someone will chime with a recommendation. When searching I found most went with three HD and three stockers.

Go with the 3/3 setup first and see if you like the clutch pull. Using all 6 will make it VERY hard. I have Brock golden hub and clutch cushion but only use the hub with spacers.

Why?

I tried the cushion with the 6 stiffer springs and felt like I had to re-learn how to ride a bike.

Also, from my understanding, the stiffer spring are overkill for the stock/semi stock bike. And another thing, IF you decide to use the stiffer springs, look into getting a billet sprocket cover or a brace for your OEM one.

If you decide to do 3 HD and 3 stock let me know and I would buy the other 3 HD springs from you.  

I have wanted to use a heavier spring but seems all 6 HD leads to a very heavy clutch pull.

Sorry I don't have any input on the question above.
I'll get in line for three springs if the deal falls through with firebug. Need them for turbo build.

r8

I think the APE are the heaviest around and the pull is more noticeable when running all 6 compared to other brands.

Back