Installed a +6 Swing arm on my 2011 Hayabusa.

methyman

Never Forgotten
I got a chance this weekend to install the swing arm on the bike. I got it Thursday night.

stretched busa2.jpg

LOOKS NICE. She just looks naked with a muffler back there lol

whats the brand and price?
Hows the ride compared to stock?

I adjusted the shock spring tension so there is about one inch of sag of suspension. To me it seems to ride ok. Took some corners about the same as I did before and the same speed when it was stock length. I am sure I gave up some cornering capabilities but I am not a hard core curve carver. Here is the link I got it from.

suzuki hayabusa extended swingarm coated gen1 gen2 | eBay

I have a spare rear rim with a Shinko Hook Up tire to go to the 1/8th mile track this coming Friday if weather is good.

I have the Soupy lowering links coming to lower it and strap it for the track but after that I would put it back up. I am 6'4" tall with 32" inseam 275lbs and the bike is the perfect height for me now. I have never riding a lowered bike so I am not sure if it will stay lowered or not. I have to ride it when its lowered to compare to.

i see that that make the swingarms when you order. How do you like the craftsman ship. thats a real nice price

Also, is it painted or powder coated

i see that that make the swingarms when you order. How do you like the craftsman ship. thats a real nice price

Also, is it painted or powder coated

Looks like stock color. I think its painted not sure if its power coated. Welds look really good. He cuts down the swing arm area behind the shock which makes getting to adjust the shock way easier.

Looks like stock color. I think its painted not sure if its power coated. Welds look really good. He cuts down the swing arm area behind the shock which makes getting to adjust the shock way easier.

Thanks for think info. i have been praticing my starts for drag racing and it has been good at times and reall bad at others :banghead: i think i need the 6 inches to give me more confidence. what the difference in the rpm u can leave at between stock and stretched 6 inches?

Im 6'3 320lbs and wonder how the ride will be lowered also

Today was the first ride with it. With stock gearing and stock swing arm on the street I would slip the clutch and get all bikes out of the hole messing around at stop lights just through intersection then shift to second then cruise. I went up two teeth in the rear and the bike is an animal on the streets. Hard to launch with out wheeling on stock wheel base. I hate wheelies because you cant go full throttle in the air. At least I will not! (too scared to flip or fall off)

I have drag raced for many years but its been on 4 wheeliers but never on a street bike. The 4 wheelers that I have built and modified beat a lot of street bikes. Like this!

drag bike1.jpg

5.88.jpg

I actually bought that same swing arm from the same place and the same length. What size chain and brake line did you use? Are you still happy with the swing arm after riding with it for a few months? Do you have any problems with it bottoming out?

Back