ING NYC MARATHON

ike

Registered
Anyone running the marathon this Sunday? It will be my first time and I woke up with a cold this morning that is kicking my oss. Don't know if I'll make it to the finish. I had a hard time training this year because of an injured knee and now this. Oh well, I guess only Sunday will tell. To anyone else who is running, good luck.

Ike Good Luck.
The most I've run is a half marathon. At any rate, "SUCK IT UP, and get 'er done". BTW you will be wearing a .org shirt right
rock.gif

Just think how good it will feel saying, yeah, 26.2 with a chest cold, Been there, Done that!
cool.gif

I'm not a runner, but my wife is. She's run a dozen marathons over the years, but last month she ran the Chicago Marathon with THE CHICKEN POX! She never had it as a kid, and contracted it at work (1st grade teacher). Anyway, she was not feeling very good at all, but she she finished (with her worst time, but what do you expect?).

Anyway, if she can do it, so can you! Just remember, we're all behind you!

Thanks guys. I can't wait for tomorrow. I'm nervous and sicker than shid now but oh well, the show must go on. Today I relax, stay off my feet as much as possible, eat right and drink alot of water. I was going to get new chains installed on two of my rides but it will have to wait. Today it's going to be in the low 70's and I can't ride. Anyway, thanks guys.

Ike, three words, Pasta Pasta Pasta. Load up on carbs., you'll be happy you did.
Good Luck, be sure to post results

Well guys so much for thinking I could run in the 4's.
My cold kicked my butt right from the start and then every muscle in my legs were taking turns screwing me. I almost quit but didn't have the nerve to so I finished in 6:19. It was my worst run ever. I usually run a half in 2 flat but today at the half way mark I ran about a 2:50. Talk about feeling dead. I will never run a race again not at my 100%. Not only did me being sick ruin me but so did not having enough time to rehab my knee. I took 7 month off of running because of it and could just never get in any good work because of it. Well enough with the excuses. Friends, I made it. Thank you all for wishing me good luck.

You have my respect simply for completing the damn thing. No way I could do that.

Like I used to tell the distance runners on my track team in college, if you could run fast, you wouldn't have to run so far.........

CONGRATS, that quite an accomplishment

I ran it 2 years ago. It's so much fun. I hit the wall at the 16th mile and it was 4 miles thick after the 20th it went like a breeze.
I am planning doing it again.

Back