Indianopolis MotoGP 2008 site

Shibumi

Donating Member
Registered
Very cool-this site has interactive pictures and multiple views of the construction process to build the new GP track in the infield of Indy!

Not that this place is HUGE or anything, but the new track uses NONE of the banking from the auto track.

Red Bull Indy MotoGP

Here is a pic from the website showing how big it is to scale-

Indy_scale.jpg

(proud dad @ Aug. 05 2007,09:21) less than 20 miles away
super.gif
Start that new addition on the house, you're gonna have a lot of house guests next September!!
laugh.gif

Love the way they took the wall out of play ! Now, that's gona be a race I want to see  
SHOCKED.gif

super.gif

I just want to clarify, according to the first post, it appears you could fit:

The Vatican and the Colleseum + Wimbeldon + the Rose Bowl + the Kentucky Derby in there.

Is that correct? How big is this track?!

(Nekosohana @ Aug. 06 2007,09:55) I just want to clarify, according to the first post, it appears you could fit:

The Vatican and the Colleseum + Wimbeldon + the Rose Bowl + the Kentucky Derby in there.

Is that correct? How big is this track?!
Yes, plus Yankee Stadium- with room to spare!!
laugh.gif

One lap is 2.5 miles.

From the website-

Q. What is the distance of one lap around the oval?

A. 2.5 miles. The track has four distinct turns and straightaways, a layout unchanged since the facility opened in 1909. The front and back straightaways are 5/8th of a mile each, with the “short chuteâ€￾ straightaways between Turns 1 and 2 and Turns 3 and 4 at 1/8th of a mile each. Each of the four turns is 1/4th of a mile long.

Seats 250,000 humans.

Back