US MotoGP in 2005

ksheldon

Ex Rookie
Donating Member
Registered
I havent seen a post about this yet so I thought that I would put one up.

It was announced last week that in July 2005 MotoGp is coming back to the US and will be at Laguna Seca in Monterey with Red Bull as the primary sponsor. It will be replacing the World Superbike races. The last US GP was in 1988 also at Laguna.

The track is going to need about $1.5 million in imporvements to meet the FIM MotoGP spec, and Red Bull is going to pay for the improvements to the track. The contract is for 5 years so we should see at least 5 races under the terms of this agreement.

If you bought tickets to the Superbike races - you will be offered tickets to MotoGP in Sept and general sales to the public will start in Oct. It has been reported that motel and hotel rooms are selling fast. If you are planning on going you may want to get your rooms set right away!

Kent

Just got my tickets. Staying at the Best Western
on the Beach, Sea Side, CA. Ready to rumble. See
ya there. Coming from Vacaville, CA.

I'll be there. Think I'll try the Good Nite Inn again. It worked out great this year. Sounds like Laguna fever is on again. I was at the last race held for the Moto GP. At that level, it should be some great racing, especially with Colen Edwards and Nicky Hayden now coming on strong. Thanks for the info.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Media: Ed Nicholls (831) 242-8216 or pr@laguna-seca.com
General Info: (800) 327-SECA or (831) 648-5111
August 23, 2004

DATE SET FOR RETURN OF MOTOGP TO THE USA: RED BULL U.S. GRAND PRIX IS JULY 8-10, 2005

MONTEREY, Calif. (August 23, 2004) - The Federation Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM) has released the pre-calendar for the 2005 MotoGP World Championship with July 8-10 as the date for the Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.

Tickets for the 2005 Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix are on sale now. General admission tickets and a limited number of paddock passes are on sale now via the track's ticket office - 1-800-327-SECA (7322) - during normal business hours or online at www.laguna-seca.com/Tickets. Renewals will be sent to those who purchased tickets for the 2004 Honda Superbike Classic by the end of August. Non-renewed tickets/camping will be released to sell beginning Monday, October 25, 2004 at 8 a.m. via telephone at 800-327-SECA.

Support events for the Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix have yet to be determined.

Vendor information is available by calling Jeanie Sumners at (831) 648-5111 or jeanies@laguna-seca.com. Hospitality information is available by calling Ann Bixler at (831) 648-5111 or hospitality@laguna-seca.com.

More information on MotoGP World Championship is available online at www.motogp.com.

More information on Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca is available online at www.laguna-seca.com.

I pulled this off the laguna-seca.com website. I can't wait for next July!!!!
I'll stay at the same place as last year.

Back