In case you live in California and havent heard

Lovely, just lovely...
mad.gif

"On Oct. 27, California sheriff deputies arrested Olatunji Oluwatosin, 41, when the Nigerian national went to his office to receive a fax ostensibly from ChoicePoint. Police were waiting for the North Hollywood resident at his office in Los Angeles. He's been in jail since then and is scheduled to appear in Los Angeles County Court on Thursday. "

So I am wondering... was this guy the Nigerian Royalty we always hear about? muah ha ha!!

I can laugh.. I didn't get an email from them.. of course.. I live in California so maybe I shouldn't laugh
wow.gif

What I don't understand.. is how they can determine only people in California were compromised....

Between this, and the T-mobile hacker that was mentioned last month, makes me wonder how many of us are being compromised and don't know it

T-mobile hacker? I got tmobile ... uh oh moto... what?
rock.gif
Kent -

Yeah T-Mobile...

You need to read my posts more bro
biggrin.gif
I posted this a few months ago
smile.gif

"Hacker penetrates T-Mobile systems

By Kevin Poulsen, SecurityFocus Jan 11 2005 7:43PM
Click here for Core Impact!
A sophisticated computer hacker had access to servers at wireless giant T-Mobile for at least a year, which he used to monitor U.S. Secret Service e-mail, obtain customers' passwords and Social Security numbers, and download candid photos taken by Sidekick users, including Hollywood celebrities, SecurityFocus has learned. "

Link: Hacker penetrates T-Mobile systems

What I don't understand.. is how they can determine only people in California were compromised....
They can't.  They are only required by California Law to NOTIFY people in California under certain circumstances that their information has been compromised,

Rest assured, this theft was not limited to California residents by any stretch of the imagination.

--Wag--

<!--EDIT|Wag
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108740363 -->

Back