I'm ordering a chain

Im pretty new to what chain to get also. Im looking to do some drag racing but no crazy power mods. Just the bolt on type stuff, maybe an airbox, full exaust, programmer and a regear at most (staying stock gearing for a while still so i need a stock length chain). Would i be safe with the ZVX or should i stay with the ZZZ for any drag racing? I dont mind spending the extra $ but if im just throwing it away ill get the cheaper one. Id rather lean to the side of caution and get more chain then i need though. Suggestions?

Whats the differenece froma  ZVX and ZZZ

<!--EDIT|Big Bad Blue Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140152020 -->

Wow is your delivery as fast as your tech help?
biggrin.gif

Crp...I gues I should ask about this...What do I need for 210 -220 RWHP for a chain? Would ZVX do me ok, or should I go ZZZ? Sorta tight on cash, but dont want issues because of a few dollars.

Here you go guys

ZVX2 120 links $125 (gold/chrome), (colors:red, blue, yellow) $135, 150 links $145 (gold/silver)
ZZZ 120 links $145, 150 links $185 (silver/gold)
+ shipping

Sweet....ZZZ ordered up
smile.gif

Thanks again Charles...awesome price and service!

<!--EDIT|valium
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140567290 -->

my bike has about 3500 miles on it. i know the stock chain is weak and dont want to chance it breaking and cracking the case. when should it be changed? how many miles are safe for a stock chain?

Charles how much for chain/sprockets 16/40 combo?
zzz in silver

<!--EDIT|atticdog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140982245 -->

my bike has about 3500 miles on it.  i know the stock chain is weak and dont want to chance it breaking and cracking the case.  when should it be changed?  how many miles are safe for a stock chain?
It all depends on how you ride, how often you lube the chain, and how often you clean the chain.

I ride canyons and trackdays, clean it once a month and lube it every 300 miles.

I have 31,000 miles stock chain and sprokets and its just about done.

It all depends on you, how well you take care of it and ride it.

I've got 13K and going strong. Lube it every 600 miles and clean it every other time.

Back