If you really don't have the money....

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Then go ahead and use the $29.99 Harbor Freight coupon to buy their aluminum rear spool stand(Motorcyclist magazine, Oct. '12). I just bought one and it will immediately be my THIRD choice of my stands 1) Pit Bull 2) Lockhart 3)Harbor Freight/China. If I bumped into my Busa when on the Pit Bull, I would be bruised at point of contact, If I bumped the Busa when on this Harbor Freight stand, I'd probably knock the bike over! The Pit Bull would hold my bikes through an earthquake (I'd have no problem leaving a Busa without wheels on Pit Bulls for full teardown taking months). Not so the HF stand, even my 460 pound Superbyke sways a little on it! Bottom line....OK for r&r wheels over a coupla hours but wouldn't let it "live" on that stand for longer than that. It is being able to hoist your Busa for $30 bucks, hard to turn down. Doyle

The 1st pic is the hearty Pit Bull.

IMG_0001 (2).jpg

IMG_0025 (3).jpg

IMG_0026 (3).jpg

Thnx Raydog. I have other methods of removing the front and rear wheels with a floor jack.... one wheel at a time.
PS...would you like us to call or e mail you for any proposed rides as the summer winds down?? We spanked some young guy's yesterday... Priceless.

Last edited:
Now that I didn't know, my bike would be knocked over if I bumped into it while on the Harbor freight one I have. So the pitbull stands are really stable?

My bike was strapped down on a harbor freight stand in the back of a uhaul truck from va. To Florida. If that stand didn't collapse bouncing up and down in the back of the truck, it'll be fine holding it up in the garage.

My bike was strapped down on a harbor freight stand in the back of a uhaul truck from va. To Florida. If that stand didn't collapse bouncing up and down in the back of the truck, it'll be fine holding it up in the garage.

I'm going to pretend I didn't read that.. You strapped your bike down on a rear stand?? :dunno:

Mr Stilslo, it's none of my business what stands you choose....my above opinions are my opinions and I stand by them...you certainly don't have to listen to me, I just know some other folks on the org will trust me on this, because I've trusted them in the past. Raydog

I wouldn't bump up against that HF stand, looks like it would require stitches :laugh:

Mr Stilslo, it's none of my business what stands you choose....my above opinions are my opinions and I stand by them...you certainly don't have to listen to me, I just know some other folks on the org will trust me on this, because I've trusted them in the past. Raydog

No worries. I gave it a stress test and just posting my results. I did have it sandwiched between 4 king sized mattresses, so I had my doubts lol. Looking at the pit bull stand online, it's obviously better constructed and the better stand. The Harbor Freight stand has held up well though.

No worries. I gave it a stress test and just posting my results. I did have it sandwiched between 4 king sized mattresses, so I had my doubts lol. Looking at the pit bull stand online, it's obviously better constructed and the better stand. The Harbor Freight stand has held up well though.

That's very good to know since, obviously I wouldn't have bought it had I thought it would collapse! One of my observations with some of the higher end stands is that there is NO flexing of the uprights, even if you sit on the bike and exert side forces on it....with the HF stand, I can "sway" the uprights (and therefore the bike as well) just by lightly rocking the bike side to side, in any case, I hope no one's stands ever collapse for any reason.

Well its only $30 what can you expect. Glad to see its worth the $30 though. I might pick it up for quick wheel changes and chain lubing

Off topic, but Raydog you don't run bearing dust shields on your wheels?

The originals (the ones I fragged) "used to" have dust seals on em...they just melted off! There were still some remnants of the seals left when we disassembled them. Of course, the replacements were of the sealed type.

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:banghead:

I also use a harbor freight stand. I have done a lot of work on the bike while up on stands never once had I been nervous of its stability. Bump in to it? Ya mean like a 400lb drunk falling in to it? I see no stability issues with mine.

Back