if someone can help

foresure84

FINISH- HIM
Donating Member
Registered
guy's i know i might be asking too much but if anyone from the board can help.

can some possible make a vid tutorial on removing and installing exhaust headers for the hayabusa 2008

That is a pretty straightforward job, but to be safe might want to find a friend to help who has experience. Sorry I can't help more.
Posted via Mobile Device

i feel ya! if i remember the key to access those headers after taking all of the plastics off minus the nose was to remove the bolt off the oil cooler so it will pitch forward an inch or so. check the pic's on page 2 to see the bracket that holds it in place. remember to place a towel on the backside of the fender so it won't get scratched up by the cooler. here is a link that will help you out most of the way. https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...oes-oil-cooler-have-move-install-headers.html

Everytime I read something like this, it makes me think....

If you're not that confident in your abilities to figure it out, you probably shouldn't go about modifying your vehicle.

Just pay someone instead of asking someone to take equal time to take apart their vehicle to demonstrate how to do it. It's kind of repugnant honestly. Instead of wanting to pay a shop, a local business at that, you're going to ask someone to disassemble their vehicle (which will take the same or more time than it would a shop) for free so you can save a dollar. Seems selfish. Support a shop.

Everytime I read something like this, it makes me think....

If you're not that confident in your abilities to figure it out, you probably shouldn't go about modifying your vehicle.

Just pay someone instead of asking someone to take equal time to take apart their vehicle to demonstrate how to do it. It's kind of repugnant honestly. Instead of wanting to pay a shop, a local business at that, you're going to ask someone to disassemble their vehicle (which will take the same or more time than it would a shop) for free so you can save a dollar. Seems selfish. Support a shop.

its not that hard to do, but i disagree with taking it to a shop if you can do it yourself. thanks to many of they guys here on the org i've saved hundreds of dollars. many a things i didn't know how to do and was quite nervous, not wanting to mess the bike up, but some times you just got to grab some confidence and go head first into it.:thumbsup: i guarantee if you don't know how to do it, someone on here will be able to walk you through it. good luck with taking them off Foresure.

Last edited:
Do you have to take the nose off for a Gen 2? My Gen 1 required only the side plastics.

Never mind..I read the above post wrong. It said "Minus the nose"

Last edited:
its not that hard to do, but i disagree with taking it to a shop if you can do it yourself. thanks to many of they guys here on the org i've saved hundreds of dollars. many a things i didn't know how to do and was quite nervous, not wanting to mess the bike up, but some times you just got to grab some confidence and go head first into it.:thumbsup: i guarantee if you don't know how to do it, someone on here will be able to walk you through it. good luck with taking them off Foresure.

+1:thumbsup:

i feel ya! if i remember the key to access those headers after taking all of the plastics off minus the nose was to remove the bolt off the oil cooler so it will pitch forward an inch or so. check the pic's on page 2 to see the bracket that holds it in place. remember to place a towel on the backside of the fender so it won't get scratched up by the cooler. here is a link that will help you out most of the way. https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...oes-oil-cooler-have-move-install-headers.html

thank you sir:bowdown:

Just pay someone instead of asking someone to take equal time to take apart their vehicle to demonstrate how to do it. It's kind of repugnant honestly.

I think he meant if you are doing it anyway, please make a video. This is a pretty easy job though and it's next to impossible to get it wrong so most people should be able to feel their way through it. Toughest part is getting the plastic off actually.

Does bring to mind some thoughts though:

1. It's really worth having (or downloading) the manual.
2. Take pictures while you work on the bike. I use them as a reference to get it back together. Helps to be able to just look at the photos if you're not sure how something went.

Not that hard to do... I consider myself adept in mechanical work whether it's a bike or a car. I can fix or mod most except for jobs that require special equipment/tools that are out of my reach. Other reasons why I might have my local shop do the job is because of time constraint or the job is too tedious and didn't want to test my patience.

I had the Brock's full system CT duals installed by my shop because I didn't feel like working on my bike at that time. I came back from a long flight (14 hours) and was too tired. I was present at the shop floor while my mechanic was doing the job the whole time. We were talking about this and that while he was working on my bike and I ordered pizza for the whole shop for lunch... It was fun.

Anyways, the front does not need to be removed. The radiator does have to be pulled forward to get to the manifold. The rest is a cake walk. Like the previous post mentioned, the hardest part is removing the fairings. I can take it apart in less than 15 min now.

You can easily get the job done in 3 hours or less... Go for it!

btw, I don't know what I would have done without this or the many forums that I'm a member to when I had mods to do. The spirit of the forum is about handing information to one another so the group as a whole become more informed. I don't think there was anything wrong about foresure84 asking for video help. All we had to do is to direct him to the correct link... Like this video by blanca: Blanca fairing tutorial video
If you get this done, then your job is 60% complete. :thumbsup:

Just take it off yourself. Its only bolts. Dont be afraid of it :beerchug:

I promise you will be happy when you are done

Back