I wish I had a crystal ball

Hi guys, I rented a 08 Busa in San Diego and it was awesome. I know they just came out with the new model, but when do you expect a model change. I love the 08 I just can't get use to the rear end.

From what I understand, the 09 is going to be the same style? I wouldn't let the rear end stop me from buying it though
whistling.gif
I mean, I'm sure you will be able to replace it with a different style sooner or later.. Just give it some time, its still new.

The rear end will grow on you. When the Busa first came out I hated the tail until I started to frequent the bike shop more. The more I looked at it, the more I saw how it just fit the rest of the bike.

Smoked taillight kits looks pretty
kickass.gif
as well. Getting mine tomorrow hopefully before I go to work

gen one 1999 - 2007
gen two 2008 1016 ?

I would guess it will be a few years.

Hey...just ride the Gen2 once. After that, it won't matter to you what the rear end looks like...at all.

Trust me and countless others.

If you're going to stand around and look at it, don't buy it.

It's an incredibly different machine...but like its predecessor, most people though it was ugly when first introduced, as well.

Good luck.

When the Hayabusa first came out in '99 with the Blonde/Copper color, the shape of the bike was not well received. Some said it looked like a Rhino. After it proved what it could do, it started looking a whole lot better, just as the Gen II will, after a short time. I have an '08 Orange/Black. I put the smoked turn signal tail lights on and it looks even better! Believe me, it will eventually grow on you, because when you see the tail end of one, you will think of Power and Speed!

It will grow on ya bro.. you will not only get used to it, you will build a love affair!
bowdown.gif

09's will be no different.

If its the color that you don't like then check out my previous post which should help: K9

it definitely grows on you and part of what makes the appearance so different from many other bikes out there.

Seeing how 2008 was the first major overhaul for the busa and the fact that it's so popular I have no idea why anyone would think they would change anything other than fixing problems in 09......

Don't hold yer breath. Just buy one and ride. If not a K8, then check out a 99-07'Busa.

Thanks guys for your input, I rented an 08 busa in California and it was an incredible machine so smooth, responsive. I owne a 97 GSX-R and the technology has come a long long way. Thanks again to all that responded.

Back