I think I messed up

ZeePopo

Registered
So I was installing my new throttle tube. Finished the install and fired her up. Weird exhaust sound right away. Ran for around 10 seconds. That's when I realized I had left the rain muffler plug on. Now the bike sounds kinda off. A tapping sound of sorts. I have a video but it's hard to hear the sound right. What could I have messed up in the engine by blocking off the exhaust with that plug. God I hope I didnt screw this motor up.

So I was installing my new throttle tube. Finished the install and fired her up. Weird exhaust sound right away. Ran for around 10 seconds. That's when I realized I had left the rain muffler plug on. Now the bike sounds kinda off. A tapping sound of sorts. I have a video but it's hard to hear the sound right. What could I have messed up in the engine by blocking off the exhaust with that plug. God I hope I didnt screw this motor up.
I think your just hearing things out of paranoia, I've left those in on dirt bike and wise case was out either staked the bike or blew the plug out. I highly doubt u messed anything up, I'm sure some others will chime in but that's justmy opinion.

You were probably a few seconds from it blowing the plug out, but as far as damage, other than an improbable slight rich residue on the plugs (which would be gone 10 seconds after you took the plug out), I wouldn't worry. Worried ears hear things. I'm a prime example of that lol.

I think your just hearing things out of paranoia, I've left those in on dirt bike and wise case was out either staked the bike or blew the plug out. I highly doubt u messed anything up, I'm sure some others will chime in but that's justmy opinion.

In re: “and wise case was out either staked the bike or blew the plug out.”

Huh?

Back