TIMMYDUCK

Head Woodchuck
Donating Member
Registered
Sold my sweet baby today for 6800.
A nice cash deal for each of us.
So I will be out on my 05 from now on or
when I uncrate it next March.
Till then it will the snow machines for me.

cool.gif

Posted a for sale ad on Thanksgiving at Onedownfiveup.com and got a bunch of responses that day. Talked about things with the potential buyer over the weekend and made the sale Tuesday.
But at 6800 I think it was priced to sell quickly.
New one 9800 = 1500 a year to ride the best bike out there,and that is something I can handle any day of the week.

TimmyDuck, why'd you sell your 03 for an 05...same exact bike? And if you did ANY mods at all to it your losing money (although you gave somebody a screamin' deal as it was
wink.gif
). I think the 06's almost HAVE to be improved somehow......although watch them be the same...
wow.gif
wink.gif
Then I'll have to come back and apologize
wink.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif

It was a 100% stock machine,except for some replacement parts like brake pads and chain and sprockets.
I have always replaced my bikes with a new one every 2 years since I bought my first street bike in 1983.
So I justify the expenditure, by getting a new 1 year warranty,a zero mile bike again,and no worries of starting to have to replace wheel bearings and rotors,steering heads,fork seals and all of the other larger wear items.
This past one ran perfectly for me over the time I had it except for losing the slave cylinder in the clutch this past September.
So it was a 70 dollar part that ended up costing me 200 because the closest one was in Kobe, Japan and I wanted it pronto so they threw on a 90 dollar overnight shipping charge.( What part would be next?)
I also beleive from my personal riding experience that bikes start to lossen up a bit from the extreme pressures put on the frame and chassis.(Especially so for Busa's.)
So for all these reasons and more I can justify the loss of 3000 I took to have a brand new girl in my garage.

It was a 100% stock machine,except for some replacement parts like brake pads and chain and sprockets.
I have always replaced my bikes with a new one every 2 years since I bought my first street bike in 1983.
So I justify the expenditure, by getting a new 1 year warranty,a zero mile bike again,and no worries of starting to have to replace wheel bearings and rotors,steering heads,fork seals and all of the other larger wear items.
This past one ran perfectly for me over the time I had it except for losing the slave cylinder in the clutch this past September.
So it was a 70 dollar part that ended up costing me 200 because the closest one was in Kobe, Japan and I wanted it pronto so they threw on a 90 dollar overnight shipping charge.( What part would be next?)
I also beleive from my personal riding experience that bikes start to lossen up a bit from the extreme pressures put on the frame and chassis.(Especially so for Busa's.)
So for all these reasons and more I can justify the loss of 3000 I took to have a brand new girl in my garage.
Good points.....thanks for sharing them. I like to hear other folks approaches to things....I've actually learned alot that way.
Thats the same approach alot of folks use with cars...and its a good one. I'm a pretty good bike mechanic...and a cheapskate
tounge.gif
....plus I have a couple of bikes so the mileage doesn't stack up too quick for me....so I usually keep a bike quite abit longer. But we get a new car every couple of years also...and I agree its nice to have that warranty and peace of mind. So rock on Busa brother and enjoy your brand new scoot
wink.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

And I do live only 3 miles from the Canadian Border.
and are winters are extremely long up here.
Here is the sale mileage photo before I rode it to him for delivery on the outskirts off NYC.

Img_0060.jpg

Back