I\'m Jealous of the Motorhead

sherm

Registered
For almost a year I've been hustling my $10 "fix it and forget it" sidestand mod on this board, and for the life of me I just can't generate that passion and fury the MH gets with his box.

It would be great if a customer complained about the mod. Then I could organize an MH style possy to go after the SOB and stage a real bloody net lynching right here on .org and maybe even on labusas.

www.shermworks.com/moto.htm damn it!!!

PS DP here's a good spot for you to jump in with your "put it in gear, let out the clutch, roll it forward agaist compression" mantra. Ya got to love that buggy whip mentality. Pure Procter and Gamble toothpaste hype.

[This message has been edited by sherm (edited 15 July 2000).]

On one level the fact that your mod does not sell totally amazes me. Then when I read some of the posts on these boards it makes perfect sense.

Ok, your mod is a bandaid for the careless. The bike needs a longer and straighter stand that holds the bike more upright, extends farther forward when engaged and tucks cleanly against the swingarm when retracted.
Supposedly and ironically the motorhead is working on just such a stand in billet for a nice weight savings as a bonus. An ideal stand to emulate would be the R1 oem.

Sherm don't feel bad they only reason I even make these block off plates is to save people money I might at the most make 6-7 dollars on a set but, I don't feel bad if someone knocks it.
Just look at how many future bike oops you have prevented.

Sherm, it's "Procter," not "Proctor."

If it weren't so much of a habit to click it into first and roll the bike up against compression, I would have been the first to buy your mod.

Why not make up an entire replacement stand, such as Omega says MotorHead is doing. I'll buy that sight unseen and pay up to $100 for it.

I bet you could sell 300 of them in a month on this site alone.

That's $30,000.

i was lookin at that tonight.it does not go forward enogh thats why it can flick the stand so easy.if you get the stand to go forward just a little more it wo't be on the teadering? point.it needs to have to lift the bike higher to make it roll up off the stand.right now it does not have to work against the weight of the bike to roll back.

By the way, anyone who orders between now and Christmas gets a free authentic Hayabusa keyring pen.

Thradar, neither me nor most of the guys who had their busa fall off its sidestand ever had any other bike do that. For me 10 bikes over 15 years never did it (and I always parked in neutral except on noticeable grades). I had about 5000 miles on the busa before it happened, and it happened on what I would call a flat surface except for a small pavement ripple.

It may not happen to you but that's probably because you've seen so much posted about it, and you are super careful everytime you park your bike.

DP, good point but designing and producing a new sidestand is a lot more than I'd want to undertake.

Fix it and forget it!! www.shermworks.com/moto.htm

Sherm, I will buy one. Expect an e-mail in the next couple of days.

Question: Why don't you go with 28 threads per inch, instead of 20? Since the plate isn't very thick I figure you only get about 4? threads of traction for the bolt. You probably know something I don't.

Anyways, I think I'm fixin to sell my Busa in the next few months. But I'll be doing the next guy a favor by installing this now. Plus a little extra peace of mind for me.

Just mod the stand to go a few degrees more forward fr crsake... and yes it then has to work against the bikes weight to move it!

Back