I like to keep it simple when fixing my bike - details and pictures inside

The important thing is you riding it again :thumbsup: But not feeling the paint an patch work could be I am a little anal. :laugh: so don't mind me

Exactly.

I ride solo, don't go to bike nights, and no one except me sees the bike. I just can't justify to get a new fairing. And the only place where someone can see it up close - at track days - no one cares, and many install their track bodywork which looks a lot worse.

To me, it's OK for the time being - I can't tell from a few ft. Maybe my attitude can be partially attributed to a number of mishaps in the past year or so - hitting a deer (lowsided; the deer ran away), hitting a pothole on the way to a track day (bent both rims), electrical gremlins (cancelled a track day), lowsided because of glazed pads on the way to a track day, maybe I am missing something... I am just glad to be riding.

Anyone knows about 80/80 rule? It's how your bike looks from 80 ft doing 80 mph.:laugh:

Another important point I forgot to mention. A layer of epoxy glue between the stator cover metal and the protective metal is softer than both of them, thus it softens the hit on the stator cover and all internals of the engine - something that a solid stator cover won't be able to acomplish.

That fairing bolt u closed up really needs to be there. I had the same one break off and within a month my fairing was bowing out from the frame at the top (by the tank). All it takes is a small drill bit to remove 90% of the bolt then chase it w/ the correct size tap. As for the paint, eh - if I didn't have the funds to put it back together right I think I'd just scuff the whole bike and do a $10 flat black rattle can job going steetfighter on it 'til I could fix it right. Just my 2 cents.
Posted via Mobile Device

I think you are on to something good with the cover! With a bit of refinement you might be able to make some $$$$ off those!:thumbsup:

u did what u had to do. personally with that kind of damage, i would have gone with another stator cover. am guessing u found another way to hold that faring in.

Back