I got some quesions about the 1000 tail conversion......

six6nine9wpk

Registered
First off this is my first thread, so hello everyone! Well, Im thinking about purchasing a hayabusa but wanted to do the 1000 tail conversion. Im tall so first and formost I wanted to know would the conversion be a bad move for a taller rider? Also are you still capable of riding 2 up with the modification? Last but not were did you find your tail?

Sorry to hi jack your thread , but has anyone got a link to a how to do this tail replacement mod step by step?

thinking of selling my 109 if i can manage to do this mod myself.

cheers

Sorry to hi jack your thread , but has anyone got a link to a how to do this tail replacement mod step by step?

thinking of selling my 109 if i can manage to do this mod myself.

cheers

If you get the kit, aside from figuring out some creative wire re routing, I'd imagine it's pretty easy, self explanitory assuming you have any sort of basic mechanical / problem solving skills. However, if you still take your bike to get the oil changed, this mod may not be for you to attempt on your own. You will have to rewire the tail lights / turn signals ezpz. The entire subframe is a direct bolt on replacement... the tail goes together like any gsxr1k tail onto the subframe.

Back