I dont ask for help very often but Im asking my Org family for some now

i'm sorry to hear about it and something i don't enjoy first hand. i will talk to the bride and see what we can do.

Any updates on the family? Do they have a place to stay? Getting help locally? They've been on my mind since you told us about 'em Kevin...just an awful time of the year to be going through something like this, not that there's ever a good time to lose everything, but you know...

The Red Cross has put them up in a motel until Monday. I'm not sure where they're going after that but their insurance company is supposed to come up with something. Right now it looks like a 2 room extended stay motel. Salem is a small town where everyone knows you so they are getting clothing donations and people are dropping off meals for them. So far we've raised almost $350 and at least 5 people have said they are mailing boxes of stuff. The local grocery store, Food Lion, has agreed to donate a gift card so they can cook a nice holiday meal.

I can't thank you guys (and your friends I don't even know) enough for stepping up and helping. You all rock!!!!

I just hope they have the best Christmas possible given all that's happened...if I lived closer, they'd be staying with us! I'd insist...I sure hope someone opens up their home to them or that the Red Cross/insurance company comes through in time for Christmas so they can enjoy the holiday as a family...

Thanks for the update :thumbsup:

$ sent by paypal. Thanks for helping them, they are fortunate to have friends like you!:thumbsup:

charlie at this time i am unable to help much but tuesday of next week i will be assisting. Free bump here...its a good thing you are doing!

Lil Charlie

Tell your cousin we will be by her house around 10:00 tomorrow morning if that is ok. We will leave the items on the porch unless someone comes to the door.

We were visiting my neighbors tonight and were talking about the situation. It's not much but she asked if she could donate a few $$$ to help, so that'll be there also.

We wish them well, and hope things work out quickly...I know it will be devastating over the holidays.

Lil Charlie Tell your cousin we will be by her house around 10:00 tomorrow morning if that is ok. We will leave the items on the porch unless someone comes to the door. We were visiting my neighbors tonight and were talking about the situation. It's not much but she asked if she could donate a few $$$ to help, so that'll be there also. We wish them well, and hope things work out quickly...I know it will be devastating over the holidays.

Thanks man, she called me to say you made it!

Charlie Trying to send money. No gift button. Not on face book or other ones. Chuck

You get two choices when sending the money
Paying for services or
Sending money to family/friends

Just make sure to label it the family/friends so they don't take a 'fee' from the money, thanks man.

Back