How to mount a GSXR fender on a first and second gen busa ~revealed!!~

E-RACER

Registered
I Get asked alot and was installing a GSXR fender on a Buddies bike and snapped a few pics to help others who would like to do this mod,it was like 3am and I also installed a motor before doing this so the pics are not the best but you get the idea!!LOL....I first did a SRAD fender on my busa back in 2000 but that was alot harder and had to do welding ect..

First thing is after you get the busa fender off is to cut the 2 top busa fender lugs off,go a little lower than I did in the pic cause the top 2 front GSXR bolts will be dummies ( where I cut it needed a little more taken off but not in the pics)if your fork legs are black smooth out where you cut and touch up with black paint,if there silver smooth and leave ,I used a red roloc pad on a angle die-grinder for this..

Then you need to shave a little of the sides of the fender,go a little higher than the top hole than i did in the pic(again no pic it was late!!LOL) using the die-grinder again with red roloc to do this can't be seen when mounted..

Then you have to make up 2 small S style brackets,I found 2 that were off a oil cooled gixxer (oem location of the brackets unknown..LOL)so I modded them to work,dont have to be as wide,I just used metal before and painted them black after they were done,the holes are 1" apart and after you slide the gsxr fender down you will pretty much see how they need to be made,real easy nothing crazy hard to make..

slip the fender on using the brackets and get 2 10mm nut to reuse the 2 dummie bolts make sure its straight and tighten it up and your done!!

I used a 2001 GSXR 750 black fender You can use 2000 750 and 2001-2004 GSXR100 fenders also..

Heard but havent done a 08 yet but seen the same fender and the guy said it bolted right up!!have a 08 and will verfiy that at a later time!!

:cheerleader::cheerleader:

SA400053-1.jpg

SA400056-3.jpg

SA400060.jpg

SA400066.jpg

SA400068.jpg

SA400070.jpg

SA400081.jpg

SA400084.jpg

Bro, the bike looks even more evel than before!! Love it.

Im wondering if it affects the aerodynamics of the bike? Or less protection to the vitals of the bike?

WHat you think guys?? I do love the look though. Makes it look even more crazy!!

Im sure it kills the aros a little..but how often you going to try to go top speed!!

that bike went like 180 GPS'D the next day!!

Thats pretty nice. I just recieved a carbon fender from bestem for about 180. Havent inspected it yet but the price and reviews were good. Its stock profile although I would have prefered the bigger LSR type profile but couldnt find it in CF not to mention probly would have costed more than i wanted to spend

Back