How to install a full exhaust system

nodnil

Registered
I bought a muzzy full exhaust and i do not knw where to begin to install it. do i have to remove radiator in order to take out the bolts from the manifold?

No need to completely remove the radiator, but loosening the bolts allowing it to lean forward helps. Several threads with how to(s) if you use the search.

No you don't have to. I chose to to prevent marring and damage to the radiator. It added 1.5 hours of my time/labor when all said and done. It was at that point I added a SS oil cooler line to ease removal of the oil filter as the new header left me very little room. Lots of good info with in the search feature...:thumbsup:

New gaskets, you can leave the radiator in place but in reality you'll be draining the coolant and taking the hoses off away from just removing it. That will make life far easier once it's out of the way and you can get straight on to the bolts, get your hands in there to hold things, etc. The oil cooler can stay just take the mounting bolts off.

I bought a muzzy full exhaust and i do not knw where to begin to install it. do i have to remove radiator in order to take out the bolts from the manifold?

Bring it to my house in VA and I'll install it for you for $100.00.

I just took my yosh off.Pretty easy, didnt remove the radiator, just took the fan off, loosened the radiator to get my hands in there and it dropped right out.Mine leaked also but the flanges were loose and the seals look fine.May as well get rid of the pair valves and get block offs as well since in there.It will run better.

What's a pair mod?

---
I am here: Google Maps

yeah sorry your just a little far away for me to help ya, just keep in mind most everything can be found on here about he busa and if
you need some suport with your project most everyone here will answer questions for you.

do a search you'll find all kinds of info on here about it, really easy mod to do.

Installed this system on my 2008 ZX-14 a few years back but I will have a few questions. Thought I would just post on this thread rather than start another.

Have rad and oil cooler off.

Have removed entire OEM exhaust. Tsukigi Cannon is waiting to go on.

Removed OEM exhaust gaskets. Have new Schnitz gaskets waiting.

#1 There are two aluminum clearance plates included with the kit. Where do the clearance plates get installed?
Tsukigiclrncplt.jpg

#2 The kit includes an oil cooler bracket. Any idea why the OEM oil cooler bracket should not be used?
Tsukigioilcoolbrack.jpg

#3 The headpipes are numbered in reverse order if I am not mistaken. Isn't the head pipe on the front brake lever side normally considered number 1 and the clutch lever side #4?
headpipes.jpg

#4 Looks to me like the HO2 bung has been welded in a poor position only receiving flow from the two right cylinders. I will be installing a Bazzaz Z-AFM (self mapping). Should I plan on getting the O2 bung welded a few inches back at the collector where all cylinders' exhaust can be sampled?
CANNONfulsys.jpg

Pipe is on.

#1 The plates are supposed to be some sorta feeler gauges for clearance between pipes and oil pan, I guess. Not very useful.

#2 OEM oil cooler bracket is just fine. I left it on. Only thing I can figure is they include the aftermarket bracket in case you might need a couple extra mm of clearance. You could bend the one include dwith the kit to make it longer---I'd just fab up a new one but I had plenty of clearance between headpipes and oil cooler.

#3 The headpipes are numbered in reverse order. I suppose you can just ignore the stamped #s on the pipes if it is too confusing.

#4 The o2 bung is welded in a position that would appropriate for use with the OEM sensor. OEM sensor of no use with an aftermarket system. They made a mistake when they welded the bung in my pipe. Was NOT done by Tsukigi. Bazzaz directions say to weld the bung right after the collector. So I will be having it re-welded when I install the AFR module.

Back