How much power do U lose when going to a 240 kit?

i know a 300 kit is around 15% i had mine tuned at 150 then again i got 157 and i know stock is close to 180 give or take a few

6lbs of weight = 1 hp at least in moving the weight..

Rotation weight kills HP...but not sure how to calculate that...sorry

M

might talk to jonreed he had some deals on the "raceweight" 240 kits not too long ago.

You will DEFIENTLY noticed the difference. Ive got 2up and 1 down sprockets to help, but still notice the weight

i know a 300 kit is around 15% i had mine tuned at 150 then again i got 157 and i know stock is close to 180 give or take a few

A jackshaft ( 2 chain ) 300 is NOT 15% but is 15 to 20 HP loss. Not sure about a 240 kit. Depends on the wheel you use other wise not much diff.

well if stock is 180ish and my dyno is 157 i lost about 13 percent with a 300 kit

You IF stock...the only way to tell tru...is dyno before and dyno after. NO way a 300 kit lost more than 20 ish hp pending wheel style and chain adjustments!
When I first dyno the MULLET for custom map of my old one-off HMFs it had the 330 kit at that time. 1st pull was 128hp. Then well tuned and mapped to 150hp.....and its a genI. Figure stock GenI, full custom exhaust, BMC race filter, PCIII, and a custom map...so what did I loose? guessing 25hp ONLY. Converted to the OSD 330 ( SINGLE CHAIN ) redyno for a +5 hp and +5 torg.

I have a stock widened rear wheel for my 240 so I know I gained rotating mass while my swingarm is definitely lighter than stock. While I added the new wheel and chain, figured I'd go ahead and get a +2 black Driven rear sprocket. I honestly haven't noticed any HP loss, in fact my rear wheel seems to spin easier in 1st.

The +2 in rear sprocket change kept the torgue up so you did nt notice anything. For a 240 kit....widening the stocker is the way to go over PM or RC billet wheels, eight savings.

Added weight is minimal, it's the drag on the drive train that's the culprit robbing HP!

Back