How many links in the stock chain?

pashnit

Donating Member
Site Sponsor
Registered
It's that time. Mine sounds like a box of rocks.

Anyone know how many links in the stock chain (stock sprockets) ?

Img_1404_SuperSprox_500.jpg

'box of rocks'
biggrin.gif

How's it goin Tim? Getting ready for the 'season'? It might be a good time to take a look at the cush drive rubbers. If they're too hard and shrunk or even crushed, they can add to the noise down there. It sounded that way on one of my CBXs and the rubbers were hard as hell and had shrunk in size. BTW, I went with the DID X Ring and so far its holding up very well. I tend to change sprockets with every other new chain so I'm only working on the second one, having 21,000 on the 06 so far. I've also had good luck with EKs and RKs on the CBXs. Say, my 82 X has nearly 90,000 on it, how many on your Busa so far?
ThumbsUp.gif

CBX, I changed out the cush drive rubbers about 2 years ago when I put on the silver TL1000 rims on the '00. Plus new bearings and axle inserts. I think I did the chain at same time, so must be about 25K on this chain. If I lube it up really good, don't really hear anything, but with all the dirt/grime/snow we rode through last weekend, it was noisy going uphill at low speed.
cool.gif
Just swapped out the front sprocket b/f the ride, and put on the new SuperSprox (in the pic) rear sprocket last fall. Should do them all together, but oh well.

I think this will be the third chain since I've owned this thing, so about 20K per chain it seems to end up. Not sure what normal wear would be. But like to put the bike through its paces.
thumb_up.gif

2_Img_0098_dirt.jpg

From what I hear, if you are getting 20k on the chain, you are doing good. I think most are about 12-14k miles when maintained normally...

Somebody or someone somewhere on some forum or another should do a group buy on those sprockets...
whistling.gif

cheers
ken
Ken - I tried on the SuperSprox. It's a newer sprocket on the US market, press material reads well about how they use the three metals, etc. I thought it looked pretty cool too, seemingly function & design first, then bling second. (not vice versa)

Thing is there were 1-2 dealers in the US that were already selling them only dollars above cost, possibly it was a limited time promotion, but that nixed that idea. Limited time Promotions/sales, coupon codes, group buys (etc) are basically all the same thing & they cancel each other out. I haven't check up on that in awhile, possibly their promotions came to an end. Only other bad thing is it's heavy so we'd have to pay shipping, while a lot of the big moto retailers really push free shipping regardless of weight. Learned that one the hard way.
winkold.gif

From what I hear, if you are getting 20k on the chain, you are doing good. I think most are about 12-14k miles when maintained normally...
Wow, I just killed my '04 chain with almost 26000 miles! If I had not got the rear hub on wrong, who knows how many miles I could have gone. But hey, I'm the guy that wears out a front tire before a rear
wowold.gif
javascript:emoticon('
wowold.gif
')
smilie

wowold.gif

Back