How long does the cort case last?

FastBusa

Donating Member
Registered
Last August I hit a "nice little old lady" talking on a cell phone while she was running her stop sign. Anyway The attorney has had everything since Sept 1st. So what is the average lenght of time this is going to take? I want a new bike! And I want it now!! I just would like to hear from you guys that have been through this.

Wish I knew! Do you have an attorney? Was she given a ticket? If she was it would seem to be pretty simple.

yes I have an attorney and she was given a ticket. But I have herad that it might take years! I hope not.

Contact your attorney and find out if she has been charged with anything, if so, then when are the hearing dates?

If she was issued a ticket, then she would either have to plead guilty by paying the fine, or she should have a trial date set for her to contest it. Either way, your attorney should be able to get all of this information for you. That's what he's getting paid to do...right?

Good Luck
cool.gif

It doesnt matter whether or not she was given a ticket. It all depends on your attorneys abilities and how well he is gonna collect your medical records. If you are just pursuing damage for the vehicle it takes about 2-3 months. If you are pursuing for medical and pain and suffering it can take 2-5 years sometimes longer. It all depends on the amount your lawyer is willing to settle for and how much the insurance company is willing to pay. Its just a big game for them. Insurance companies can play the upper hand now with all the fraud claims they had lately.
In my past experience i sued for medical 5 times over past 10 years. When i was willing to settle for 5k it was over within a year. But the last case i had i got hurt pretty bad and didnt want to let them take advantage of me so i waited over 2 years and made them fork over close to 6 figs. Now is the kicker watch out for your lawyer and the papers you sign.When you ll finally get the check , he will try to take more then his 33%, he will say doctors didnt get paid in full and your check needs to cover it and they end up taking like 70% of your money. This is just bullshit dont settle for that at all. Your doctor gets paid separately and you can have the insurance company send you all the prrof. Also it doesnt matter what the doctor writes they will never get paid in full because their amounts are ridiculous. Just make sure you follow up on your physical therapy which u usually have to do for about 6 months to start feeling better.
I hope this helps!

i started mine last week , holly mother of gawd it sucks the next morning, hang in there bro idle time sucks

Back