How do fix this issue?.

How do I fix this issue?.. the little space between the tail and hump?. How to close it up some. Any suggestions?. The black and red bike is my bike.

F071DE1C-46D2-4E6B-A04D-EECD3697F285.jpeg

9F2A33C5-4797-4EA5-A183-93F1FFE7D019.jpeg

A4691B1F-E9A4-498D-A9C6-C6652C1F44AD.png

5D5D3784-D038-47A2-A52D-A1A3B2B5AE9A.png

@SmokeKingOfCali99Hayabusa Look at yer second pic down from the top. When yer tail section went on its crooked. The gap between hump and tail is bigger on the right than on the left.
The hump is a fixed thing...hooked at the front and latched at the back.
If it were me I would loosen the 4 bolts at the back that hold the tail and the grab bar (if you had one) take out those 4 bolts. Lift the tail section up slightly to close the gap. Place shims (plastic washers) would work best,they are light and you could use the right amount under the 4 bolts. The right side (viewed from the back) will need more shims than the left side in order to be even from what I see in your photo.
Rubb.

@SmokeKingOfCali99Hayabusa Look at yer second pic down from the top. When yer tail section went on its crooked. The gap between hump and tail is bigger on the right than on the left.
If it were me I would loosen the 4 bolts at the back that hold the tail and the grab bar (if you had one) take out those 4 bolts. Lift the tail section up slightly to close the gap. Place shims (plastic washers) would work best,they are light and you could use the right amount under the 4 bolts. The right side (viewed from the back) will need more shims than the left side in order to be even from what I see in your photo.
Rubb.
Great reply and smart remedy there Rubb!
I'd be more concerned about the worn out rear tyre than any misalignment in the body work lol.

Rubb.
Rubb.
Okay great thank you bro! I’m gonna do that appreciate it. Where can I buy those shims(plastic washers)?. And are there any particular ones I should get?.

Okay great thank you bro! I’m gonna do that appreciate it. Where can I buy those shims(plastic washers)?. And are there any particular ones I should get?.
Smoke King...love yer screen name... :thumbsup:
get them at any hardware store that sells nuts and bolts. Better luck for sure at a place that just sells nuts and bolts (better selection) they are cheap,so get a bunch in different thickness. Take a bolt out,to take with you. The washer should have a hole in it just big enuff for the bolt. Big about the size of what I have pictured for you. When you get in there you may find the original hardware missing. They are washers with a tube attached. There are rubber gromets as well,they may be missing. Those missing parts could be part of yer prob. Those parts can be put together by you if missing.

yer washer size should be about this big... (bigger circle)

tb.jpg

the stock parts that may or may not be missing are...20,22,23

tail sec.png

I'm thinking they may be missing,cause you prolly didn't do the instal of that aftermarket tail. We can tell you what to buy,or you could order OEM let us know if they are there to start with.

Rubb.

Smoke King...love yer screen name... :thumbsup:
get them at any hardware store that sells nuts and bolts. Better luck for sure at a place that just sells nuts and bolts (better selection) they are cheap,so get a bunch in different thickness. Take a bolt out,to take with you. The washer should have a hole in it just big enuff for the bolt. Big about the size of what I have pictured for you. When you get in there you may find the original hardware missing. They are washers with a tube attached. There are rubber gromets as well,they may be missing. Those missing parts could be part of yer prob. Those parts can be put together by you if missing.

yer washer size should be about this big... (bigger circle)

View attachment 1626273

the stock parts that may or may not be missing are...20,22,23

View attachment 1626272

I'm thinking they may be missing,cause you prolly didn't do the instal of that aftermarket tail. We can tell you what to buy,or you could order OEM let us know if they are there to start with.

Rubb.
Okay appreciate it homie I’ll let y’all boys know what’s up

Hi. Who made the aftermarket tail? Looks like a problem with the mold to me. I would build it up with fiberglass cut, trim to fit. Test mount the parts before you paint!
I bought that tail through Rob Bush Motorsports , they are deal for Catalyst. This is there website. They make the fiber glass And that’s facts bro! I did but we didn’t put the hump on, because were didn’t setup my seat latch up with the lock itself . But it’s all good. We gonna get it straightened out. And this is there website iOneMoto

Okay bro I very much appreciate it. I’m gonna go to either one. Their right down the street from my house .
I think its yer qwik least expensive option. You may have to loosen and tweek the whole tail section to get it perfect. Start at the top,get the tail and hump lined up like you like it, and tweek the rest of the mounting points as necessary. IE: shims,bigger drilled holes,alignment,etc.
Rubb.

Back