Hotbodies Undertail Kit

iceman1000

Registered
Just ordered a Hotbodies undertail kit, has anyone installed one of these kits on the Busa? Where is the best place to install the L brackets for the license plate?

Just drill the holes yourself wherever you want to put the license plate. It does have a small LED to light the plate installed.

It does not come pre-drilled.

im trying to get an idea on where to drill the holes for the plate, some install it so the led plate light shines on the undertail as well etc?

just spent a few hours in the garage taking off the stock tail. I ended up cutting it down with a hack saw so the only part left was the V shape that fits recessed under the brake light and into the undertail. I had to cut the plate light wiring also. Im thinking about getting some L shape brackets and hanging the plate under the brake light, only thing is im going to need to find a plate light led strip but i think i can save buying a hotbodies kit.

If you still have them you can use the brackets that held the red reflectors on the back of the bike.

after looking for plate light strips, I think im going to get a yosh fender eliminator kit instead of the hotbodies undertail kit, cheap and clean look!

Back