Horsepower gain

Devious

Onward through the Fog
Donating Member
Registered
I have a PCIII USB and a HMF Dual high mount exhaust system and went down 1 tooth on the front sprocket of on 'o5 Busa. No air box mods and still have the OEM filter. Do any of you guys have any idea how much of a Horsepower gain I might achieve with these mods. There is not a Dyno anywhere down here that I know of. At least not in a coupla' hundred miles. So I'm guessing here. Has any of you guys done something close to this to your bike and found out what the horsepower is after. I know all Busa's are a little different. So, again, just an educated guess from the board.

Thanks,

David
1zhelp.gif

I'm sure someone has this set up . I would guess you got about an extra 10 ... so I guess 165rwhp. But i'm no expert , could be more depending on the map and other factors . Change the filter, remove the pair, and do the small airbox mod.

If you have a good MAP you can look at about 10-15 HP... thats is if you have a custom map. If you dont have a tuner around you, I suggest you get a MAP from Quasar from Suzukihayabusa.org

yeah I know that is low with the mod so I'm taking it to a new tuner monday ....I will post results.

I just got the busa back from the local tuner he said that the previous dyno results (153) was lack of air circulation he put it on his and first pull was (161.2) and then he went to work on the cells ...3hrs.final pull after tune was (166) and the torque was (99.3).I will post dyno sheet tommorro.

168-171hp with a free flow air filte to go along with the pipes and tune.

here are my #'s...red is before tune and blue is after tune.

<!--EDIT|busa boyz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125538121 -->

post_11_14394_last_pull2.jpg

05 busa :full yosh ,pair mod,pcIIIusb with dynojet map,stock filter 153.6.
...if your using the dynojet MAP the HP will be low!! Its not the best MAP you can get for your bike... its a pretty generic MAP. I had the dynojet MAP for my Muzzy before I got the quaser MAP... and I have to tell you in comparison to quaser's MAP the dynojet one sucked...

smile.gif

05 busa :full yosh ,pair mod,pcIIIusb with dynojet map,stock filter 153.6.
...if your using the dynojet MAP the HP will be low!! Its not the best MAP you can get for your bike... its a pretty generic MAP. I had the dynojet MAP for my Muzzy before I got the quaser MAP... and I have to tell you in comparison to quaser's MAP the dynojet one sucked...

smile.gif
I started with the dynojet map and then the tuner changed all kind 's of cells to create a new custom map.Are you saying that the map that my tuner created is still junk because it was started from the dynojet map ?

in all reality most of our bikes stock will produce around 150 to 153 rwhp. that being said with the mods you have performed i would guess that around 160 with a downloaded map and you could prob salvage another 3 to 5 with a custom map. I was very disapointed when mine only pumped out 164 with a full yoshi, box mod, pair valve and custom map. I thought it would be much higher. Each dyno is different and it has alot to do with temp and air density so what a bike will dyno here where i am versus in the mountains of colorado are completely different, don't be mislead by seamingly low dyno results cause you still have a busa and everyone knows it is the king...

My dyno before all my work was 146. After the mods was 151 and with tweaking the map went to 156.

<!--EDIT|bailey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126828265 -->

From stock, at 155.6. Added a hindle race, with carbon can, pc3r, removed pair valve, all short stacks. I got up to 167.9. Then had a custom map done. and ended up at 173.1 on pump gas!!!

Back