Honda Recall

MikesHardware

Never Forgotten
Honda recalls "speeding" motorcycles
Honda will recall more than 8000 model-year 2004 motorcycles due to an issue with malfunctioning speedometers. A programming error could cause the bikes' digital speedometers to understate the actual speed by approximately 25 percent, according to a summary from the National Highway Traffic Administration (NHTSA). The agency warns: "This condition can result in the vehicle being driven at an illegal or unsafe speed, which could increase the risk of a crash," and advises the installation of an updated speedometer by the dealer. Owners should call 800-999-1009 for info on the recall.

Honda recalls "speeding" motorcycles
Honda will recall more than 8000 model-year 2004 motorcycles due to an issue with malfunctioning speedometers. A programming error could cause the bikes' digital speedometers to understate the actual speed by approximately 25 percent, according to a summary from the National Highway Traffic Administration (NHTSA). The agency warns: "This condition can result in the vehicle being driven at an illegal or unsafe speed, which could increase the risk of a crash," and advises the installation of an updated speedometer by the dealer. Owners should call 800-999-1009 for info on the recall.
i was a witness first hand to that.. we went on a ride a few weeks ago.. me and 15 other guys.. 3 new cbrs... well, about halfway through the ride the guy on his cbr had me get up next to him and test his speedometer... we were doing about 100mph and the guy that had a good time read 66mph. ahahaha.. crazy..... it just started to happen out of nowhere.. my other buddies black cbr didnt have the problem as to date..

weird...

Back