HINDLE 4-1 HIGHPIPE COMING

Byhalia glad you got the bolt. I have zero trust in the postal system.

The high pipe may not even be built for the market, depending on what Lang Hindle projects as potential sales. So price isn't known...but I guess it would be about the same as his present 4-2-1 Busa System (you're in the States so ask your dealer).

He hasn't decided how high to take it and will do that after fitting the current prototype to my bike and dynoing it pre-post. Racers like high pipes to keep their cans off the ground, but there's no need for that on a Busa on the track, so it would really just be a niche cosmetic thing that also saves weight and increases power. It's for a serious trick bits junky like JeffW.

I don't even know if I'll put it on my bike. Hindle will give me some consideration for letting him use my bike, but I could just take it out in Dyno runs. Hindle's shop is less than a minute from my home.

Jeffw your install looks REAL nice there. Send me your e-mail and I'll send you pics of how I've cleaned up the tail end...you might like. The Tapeworks stuff would look great on your bike. All your changes are so mechanically subtle from a visual standpoint you ought to be making some cosmetic splash to tell people HEY LOOK AT THIS MUTHER BIKE!

pl@exclusivecom.com

Maui send me your e-mail and I'll send you pics no one else would want to see. My bar after a gang raid, the place where I bury small animals my dog kills...like that.

Dirty Pete...not changing the subject but would you happen to know James Elliott from Loundon Ontario...big cbx nut....or possibly Bill Elliott from Cambridge...he has a busa....friends of mine in cbx club.....

CBX, no I don't know those guys but Maniac Marshall is in the London area and also I think Anguish meets up with guys in a CBX group that ride from a restaurant in Milton - near London - each Sunday. You could contact those members.

Dirty Pete, may I make a suggestion that you consider a O2 sensor adapter installed in the mid-pipe just after the collector. I have a stainless steel one that you are welcome to. If you email me your address and you are interested I will give it to you. When you go to map the bike youmight find this an assett.
Worse case scenario is that you could then use your high pipe as a bong than.

Hey DP send some pics my way please. Just send whatever you think I would find interesting along with some shots of the modded Busa tail end.

[I collect this stuff] :)

There is a new pipe coming soon that some of you may want to see before you buy something else. I was talking with Lee Hindle, son of Lang Hindle, and he told me about it.

They're going to take fitment measurements from my Busa for a 4-1 high pipe oval can. It will probably mount high enough to require elimination of the passenger peg.

I don't know what the materials will be yet.

Hindle makes the lightest 4-2-1 system at 7 pounds and are claiming 7 RWHP from it.

I'll go in there in the next couple of days for fitting and get more info including projected availability.

All we need is Dirty Pete busting through the border with a High pipe. Jim Beam filled fairing parts and a high pipe, Pete you are starting to worry me. It is a motorcycle not a partycycle. Just when you thought it was safe Pete gets a high pipe, where will this end?

I have already expressed my concerns about the pipe igniting the contents of the Chameleon Skinz hollow fairings, and Hindle has given me reassurances that he will provide proper insulation.

Anybody know what temperature Jim Beam explodes at?

The high pipe is overkill for this bike because you will probably scrape the handlebars before you get the standard RS-3 to touch down. All to the cost of not being able to take the babes for the (motorcycle)rides of their lives.

KawAbuser thanks for the generous offer. If I do the pipe I'll take you up on it fer sher. The bong...my old V-Max 4-1 works great for that...you know, for me and three naked women.

Todd...on their way.

Back