HID Kit

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
Most of the guys I ride with have R1s, does anyone have information on kits for them. They have two low and two high beams, mounting suggestions, etc. All input appreciated. You might say my newly aquired HIDs have wow'd them.
tounge.gif

We discussed having to buy two of the kits we just installed on the Busas. The R1s have a lot less body work than the Busa. We were looking for places to put the ballast. Can you buy kits with smaller ballast from a different manufacturer
rock.gif

The kits from Big George have a small ballast with the igniter built in . As far as a H4 HID the choices are slim. Nobody makes a TRUE dual filament HID H4. But on the bright side, 2 TRUE HIDs on low beam will carry light for a LONG way.

He was talking about just doing low beams as an option. He was talking H7 and 9005. Don't know where he got his information. Thanks.

The ballast is already small, and since you're talking about making a lot of voltage, I'm not sure how much smaller you could get. The other limiting factor is the cable length from the ballast. They're usually around 18-24 inches, so the ballast pretty much in the nose of the bike.

I guess you could use a flat black spray paint which would help them "disappear". Not sure how visible the fairing innards of the R1 are.

Very visible, very open. I put him onto Busazilla.com. Thanks for the reply and yes he can paint them if they present a problem.
beerchug.gif

Can the wire be cut and spliced to lengthen so you can mount the ballast in the rear?
rock.gif

I need pics of this R1 to help ya out.

Whats the nose look like on the inside and round the plastics?

(guido4512 @ Mar. 07 2007,12:12) Can the wire be cut and spliced to lengthen so you can mount the ballast in the rear?
rock.gif
I definitely WOULD NOT go that route!. The look of the wire tells me that this isn't something you'd want to use Radio Shack butt connectors on.

...And I use them on EVERY wiring project.
smile.gif

(Juggler @ Mar. 07 2007,16:06)
(guido4512 @ Mar. 07 2007,12:12) Can the wire be cut and spliced to lengthen so you can mount the ballast in the rear?
rock.gif
I definitely WOULD NOT go that route!. The look of the wire tells me that this isn't something you'd want to use Radio Shack butt connectors on.

...And I use them on EVERY wiring project.
smile.gif
The power for the ballast would be alright but the power to the lights has a special cable. I might contact the manufacturer and get a special order if it was that important.

Heavy thanks, but this is a friends R1 and I don't have a digital cam. Next time you're on the showroom floor take a gander.

Back