help.

Rainbow_Boy

Registered
trying to get the fairing off. it's nearly there but can't fathom out the last part. looking at the right hand fairing, it's catching up near the top. yhe radiator black plastic cowling is free of it. just where the top radiator hose is, is there a catch i there that needs pulling? can post any pics.

ya gotta take out the center bolt below the gauges, and black plastit pop up rivet near tank
Posted via Mobile Device

Is he talking Gen II ????.......If it's a Gen I, you're probably getting caught up on the two pop rivets inside the tire area, underneath the nose. Run your hand along the inside seam of the intake area to the radiator. Take a small screwdriver, or allen wrench, and push in on these two buggers (One is up by the front area, and one is back by the fork), you'll hear a click and then they'll pull right out..... :oldcool:

IMG_0069.jpg

do you mean these ones?

IMG_0066.jpg

this photo here. does the black come off with the fairing or before?
ps. i know about the grommet in the frame spar.

Looks like a Gen II to me,

Wish I could help, Someone will chime in.

Ive heard there hard to get off...

my bad, didn't realize till the pics that it was an 08
Posted via Mobile Device

there are 3 clips inside at the top of the side faring where it mates to the top faring. slide your hand along the inside and you can feel the clips. start at the back and work to the front, just push out a little and they will pop free. they will snap back on their own when putting back together. good luck:thumbsup:

now that it is all off, i can see how it all works, for getting it back on. tomorrow hopefully. i have some t rex sliders to fit too:laugh: .

Back