Help someone make Christmas happen.

houstonbussa

Registered
(I hope this is in the right forum)
I have a friend. VERY close friend. She is not going to be able to provide Christmas for her kids. Long story short, her ex husband was the bread winner. Which kept her under his abusive thumb for many years. Well times are hard. She's doing everything to keep the roof over their heads. Tonight she was giving them some spirit by roasting marshmellows over candles.

She has a paypal (tinablairwatkins@gmail.com). She doesn't know that I'm doing this, but I've always felt most riders do a lot of charity work or good will work. I'm about to drop her $50 to try to get a Christmas dinner. But I figure if people drop $5 and there was 100 of us.. the kids might get Christmas. She doesn't know I'm putting her business out like this, but I'm hoping that maybe the spirit is in the air and will come through.

Feel free to ask me anything (via pm) if you need any comfort to donating to this. But just asking for like $5 or 10.. what ever you won't miss. For a lot of us that may be just coming up one six pack short for the week.

And trust me in the fact that I only donate when I feel that it's truely going for the right cause. (i.e. no the guy on the corner that says he can't get work but I see him at the week pay hotels and the room reaks of weed and beer cans every where)

if you can, please paypal tinablairwatkins@gmail.com

Thanks in advance, God bless and Merry Christmas. (please keep this thread alive up to Christmas)

-Marcus

Remember to choose 'personal - gift' so she does not get charged by paypal.

Brother, your request is completed.

im in...will have to wait till payday though!

Really appriciate it. Any little bit helps. I think she'll be thankfull regardless of when.

Remember to choose 'personal - gift' so she does not get charged by paypal.

Brother, your request is completed.

Can always rely on a brother. And yes, personal gift or other so PayPal don't get a cut.

Do I have to have a paypal account to donate?

If you don't have a PayPal account, I believe I can send a money request to you via my account and I'll turn around and send it to her.

A few dollars sent....thanks for being her friend! Give us an update later on?

She is one of thousands in the world who are struggling... hope her situation improves
Posted via Mobile Device

If you don't have a PayPal account, I believe I can send a money request to you via my account and I'll turn around and send it to her.[/QUOTE]

I just set up a PayPal account, it was very easy!

WOW! Thanks for all of the responses. Yes, she's on of thousands that is in a situation they don't deserve to be in and the ones that suffer the most are the kids. So I REALLY REALLY appreciate it. I'm going to check on her today to see how things are going?

Wish I could afford it. Been unemployed for longer then I care to say. I've been one of those kids that didn't have a christmas. It sucks when other kids ask what you got and you have to lie, so you don't embaress youself and your mom.

Sorry to hear about the unemployment Memorex. I do hope that changes as I know it is rough as I did it for two years and it wasn't for the lack of trying. Yes I feel for her kids very much. I can't say I have ever had to lie about Christmas, so I'll count my blessings.

Let me say thank you to all that was able to share some of their hearts via thier pockets. But let me not forget about those that just had the heart. Even making mention here or pms saying you wish you could do more shows that people still care.

So thanks.

I'll be calling her today to ask her to check her account. She doesn't keep tabs on it and doesn't really know I put her business out there. So she should be pleasently surprised. She did note one of my 'friends' (as if I knew everyone on the site personally.. lol) and did say thanks. So Donald.. Thanks.

To all those that could help. I want to say thank you very much.. Attached is a pic she took and uploaded from her phone thanking everyone that helped out. Through a collective effort we made a difference.

tina christmas.jpg

Back