Help loading videos on Youtube

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
It says on Youtube vids cant be bigger than 2gigs in size and 10mins long or less.

BUT

There are 45min educational vids all over Youtube ?

I am trying to load 2 vids.

1st one is 15mins .98GB in size
2nd one is 28mins 1.86GB in size
Vids were shot with a Sony HandiCam .
Files are WMV

1st video has been loading for like 12hrs already ?

What gives ?

Anyone else ever loaded a long movie on Youtube ?
Is the time involved normal ?
Why does it say no longer than 10mins when 1,000s of vids are there already and longer ?

I think for something longer you have to pay for a premium account.

Use www.vimeo.com; it's better and they don't censor it if you have background music.

It just finished after 14hrs loading 1st and it says success ?!

2nd vid now loading with 22hrs to go....HS Batman !???

the backround music I did not think of.

On 2nd one I do have Van Halen playing on my phone in backround ?
Is that gonna get taken off ?

Some music they catch (and block the sound) and some they don't; it's kinda hit and miss; you won't know until after it is converted. 10 Min limit on free accounts.

You could cut down the resolution of the product you are uploading and it would come up faster. And you will need to break up the one's over 10 minutes.

I want them to be there uncut.
How do I pay for an acct that allows that.
I cant find it on Youtube ?

Getting Started: Video length and sizePrint There are two ways to upload your video: by using our Single File Uploader or the YouTube Uploader (for multiple files). With either of these methods, your videos can be up to 2GB in size and 10 minutes long.

Please note, the longer and/or higher quality your video is, the more compression will be required to fit it into 2GB. You can compress your video using movie editors, like Windows MovieMaker or Apple iMovie.

Learn how to use the YouTube Uploader to upload multiple files here.

I'm looking don't see an upgrade...

Looks like you can't anymore...

BTW the official explanation regarding the 10 minutes limit can get found at the official Blog of YouTube:
YouTube Blog: An Update On Our View Counts

The Premium Content Program doesn't exist anymore. Later the Director Program was found but it was closed in spring 2007. After that time only those members of the Director Program and the members of the Partner Program are able to upload videos longer than 10 minutes. If you think you qualify the high restrictions and requirements then feel free to apply at: YouTube - Partner Program

YouTube Blog: Your 15 Minutes of Fame..ummm...Make that 10 Minutes or Less

aRRRGH....

Ok so how else or who else can I load these to in order to share them here and hopefully get them pinned so people can use them in the future ?

Mine get cut off at around 4:50 or so, I always have to cut my 10 minute video in half...

vimeo only allows 500mb per week for free accts and for plus accts the largest you can load is a 1gb file so I am out on both youtube and vimeo...:banghead:

for youtube 1st one will have to have like 4 parts

and 2nd one will have like 6 5 min segments.

thats too much...

for youtube 1st one will have to have like 4 parts

and 2nd one will have like 6 5 min segments.

thats too much...

no it's not. Just break it up and save as a lower-res .wmv before uploading...I've got a 20 Minute track session broke up into 2 parts and both file sizes were under limits....

I think it best just to redo them in to four sep videos.

one for right side off
one for left side off

one for left side on
one for right side on.

Back