Hello

mcantar

Registered
Hey guys, I'm in CO and new to these bikes. All going well, I should be picking up an 08 here soon and will be doing some unorthodox things to it (semi-streetfighter... ish). It's been high-sided, and luckily all of the damaged parts are ones that I don't need or would replace anyway.
I'll post a build thread and plan on utilizing the classifieds section for my build, but above all I'm here to learn.

-M

Well I've had the bike for about 24 hours now... love the throttle response, not a huge fan of how low it sits but I'm sure I'll grow used to it.
The left fairing and rear left blinker housing took the brunt of the damage, the tail section and front fairing have minor cracks and the left mirror and rider peg are gone. MotoGP style pegs should be arriving tomorrow, and thus begins the build.
Twotonevert, I've been drooling over that bike quite a bit.

Here's the closest thing I can find to what I'm going for:
155865d1405262980-hayabusa-streetfighter-hayabusa_drift_streetfighter.jpg

I do want a windscreen though. I'll likely be using the el-cheapo "demon" style streetfigheter front fairing seen on Amazon and Ebay, and I'll make a larger windscreen for it out of CF. I love the tail on the pictured bike, but I can't seem to figure out what it is so I'll probably end up fabricating a subframe and wrapping it in either fiberglass or CF. Eventually I'll end up making a CF tank, but that will have to wait till I find the time which will probably be a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a pretty cool bike there, handle bars a bit to flat for my liking i agree with you about its stance, i would try no windscreen and enjoy the even and waaay less buffeting.

Back