Heli bars or Gen-mar?

OB_jdeez1

Registered
I was wondering if anyone has tried bothe the heli bars or the gen-mar risers? I dont want to make a $140 mistake.

Just bought and installed the Heli Bars on my '00 busa. They made a difference that I mostly noticed in my neck position. They look great and are very well made. Their lead time is about 2 weeks once you place your order. Price $169.95 + shipping. I'd buy them again.

If you get the Heli Bars, you have to re-route the choke cable. They easiest way is to split the control module in half, disconnect the choke wire, re-route the cable and re-install the choke wire. Should take you about 30 minutes to install.

GenMar - slight rise in bars makes all the difference in the world for your wrists.

Helibars are too high and raked back. For me (6'1") they put me too upright to allow a good tight tuck when needed. The GenMar is still a good "sport positon" (tuck) but unloads your wrists a lot.

[This message has been edited by CaveDweller (edited 05 August 2000).]

I have both, and have run both, singly and together.

The Helis are a neater, lighter solution to the problem, and give roughly twice the benefit and are slightly more money. If you are only looking for a minor tweak,(3/4") the GenMars work fine. I needed more. My wrists hurt just as bad with the GenMars as without. Not so with the Helis. Installation is easy on both. Not necessary to split the control module, but you can if you want.

If you need more than the Helis will give you, putting the GenMars under them works, but is much more complicated. Check the archives. There is a ton of info on this.

Chris Dolan has sat on my bike and he thinks that my bars with both are roughly comparable to his ZX12 stock, so we are definitely not talking cruiser riding position. I'm 5'11" and a tuck is no problem. Neither are 500 mile rides, or traffic jams, now.

[This message has been edited by SlowHand (edited 05 August 2000).]

I bought the Helibars for my sled, I had a pair on my zx11 and it was one the best items i spent money on, that's why I bought them again,I haven't put them on yet, Maybe this weekend? If you don't like them you can send them back for a refund, just don't butcher them, how can you go wrong? My understanding is the Genmars are just a plate that raise the stock bars, the helibars are raised, raked,and wider. Thats all I can tell you ,hope it may help!!! enjoy!

Back