Health Insurance Costs Surpass $20,000 Per Year, Hitting a Record

200.gif

The cheapest FL health Insurance through the "affordable" marketplace is $280/month for me...it's $40/week through my work and almost the same coverage.
US healthcare is a joke...we're just paying for a discount card.

Heath insurance is a joke. I pay $426 for just my premium and then $500 every month for just one prescription that I need every month. I spend about $1300 a month just to keep my self healthy ish. That includes doctor visits and other pills I have to take. Health insurance and health care is a total joke. It shouldn’t be free but it should cost people this much to get care they need to help them stay healthy enough to pay in and taxes. It’s in the best interest for the government to have everyone health so they can work and pay taxes…..

See this old thread coming back to life. This was started Pre-Covid. Things have gotten worse. I transport patients under care to the providers of care.

I am not trying to sound dramatic in my statement here. But our healthcare system is near collapse. One of the largest contributors to this is the growing number of people that can't afford healthcare. They either can't get coverage or they can't afford it. Even the cheapest policy, is out of reach for many. So they go without. Then when they need healthcare, the hospitals have to provide it. It's breaking the backs of the facilities.

See this old thread coming back to life. This was started Pre-Covid. Things have gotten worse. I transport patients under care to the providers of care.

I am not trying to sound dramatic in my statement here. But our healthcare system is near collapse. One of the largest contributors to this is the growing number of people that can't afford healthcare. They either can't get coverage or they can't afford it. Even the cheapest policy, is out of reach for many. So they go without. Then when they need healthcare, the hospitals have to provide it. It's breaking the backs of the facilities.
I talked to a friend of mine who lived in the US for a while while serving and he had private health care...he compares that to our public health care we have here.

Although our health care is adequate, it is provided to everyone free and nobody is turned away.......there are still those that complain about this..I personally have had good experiences with our health care..

Our health care is in a state of turmoil as well as it is short staff and resources....our population is aging yet we are not developing our health care professionals to a degree that can care for them.

To add to this, we bring in a good number of immigrants and refugees all of whom require a great number of medical resources as many of these people have never seen a medical professional before.

I suppose it is all relative as there are many, many countries which have zero health care for their citizens.

I’m very happy to have free medical coverage for life as part of my retirement package especially at my age. I pay only $10 for Dr visits or prescriptions. Medicare also kicks in and I’m sent a $500+ check for ‘reimbursement’ every quarter. The provider I chose requires me to live within 50 miles of one of their hospitals and they also pay for an ambulance if I need one.

What happens if one gets cancer
With healthcare ?

Without health care are they left to die ??

It seems the winners is big pharma

In Uk We have the NHS free at source it comes out of our taxes

Back