Health insurance companys are crooks!!!

chrisjp

GM of Haya's in the Hills
Donating Member
Registered
its time to renew our policy at work and currently i am paying 65$ a week for my family with 20 copay for doctor and 50 for ER with 15 and 30 for gen/brand perscripts. with no other copays or deductables...its a pretty good plan...BUT WAIT...highmark BCBS of Pa wants a rate increase to $219 ..A WEEK!!!!!! this is a major rip off by these insurance companys because they know reform is comeing!!!! and this is on top of company contribution of $1088 a month per employee also!!! :banghead: grrrrrrrrrrrrrr steaming mad!!!!! and now they tell us here are the rate increases and you have to decide in 5 days or you wont be covered in jan. so we are really short on time to comparison price... ANY IDEAS OF NATIONWIDE GROUPS WE COULD JOIN TO HELP WITH THIS COSTS PLEASE MESSAGE ME WITH CONTACT NUMBER FOR BROKER SO WE CAN GET A QUOTE!!. :please:

Same thing happened to my brother and his family... Husband Wife and 3 kids his insurance jumped from just over 200 a month to 800 a month in 1 week... He ended up dropping the insurance on himself and his wife and now gets gov insurance for the kids... everywhere he looked wanted over 1,000 a month on his own... this is horrible and something needs to be changed asap ! How can anyone honestly pay 1,000 a month or even 800 a month when making 600 a week after taxes and still pay for food housing clothes gas car payments and anything else that comes up along the way ? Best of luck my friend

Its all part of the bigger government plan to get EVERYONE on board with government provided health care.

Everyone who us unenployed and sucking the system dry is good with government health care. the only ones that have been pushing back and objecting it are those who have jobs and have insurance.

The only way to get those people on board is to mess with the current system so those who have insurance need the relief that a so called government health care system would provide.

It is all about big brother manipulation.

i think its more big buisness and big goverment together... but in the end...no workers ..no taxes..no healthcare ...no income for big buisness..no income for goverment.. anarchy!

whats everyone else you work for doin? i have union insurance so i cant really help you on that part. but if it seems like they are gonna lose 1960 a month per employee and enough drops them then it would seem they would come back with a more reasonable offer. also your employer if the ins was provided by them they probably knew and agreed to the increase.

Dude, you're getting screwed by someone, but I'm not sure its the Insurance Company. My Cigna family plan is only going up $40 per month for 2010 over 2009.

Look into catastrophic plans. You pay for ordinary visits, which if your healthy is no big deal, but if the worst happens, you pay deductible only.I have been on this type plan for over 10 years. It is a HSO, Health Savings acct. getting very popular. Affordable. Drew

Rates have been going up for years, well before any attempt at health care reform. It's big bucks for the insurance companies, that's why they have glass covered sky scrapers, intercontinental corporate jets and big bonuses for the executives. They are greedy and just want to keep milking the cash cow.

Look into catastrophic plans. You pay for ordinary visits, which if your healthy is no big deal, but if the worst happens, you pay deductible only.I have been on this type plan for over 10 years. It is a HSO, Health Savings acct. getting very popular. Affordable. Drew

This is the way I would recommend. Also, see if your employer will fund your HSA (Health Savings Account) with the money they save by going with the cheaper health insurance. My last employer did this and put like 3200 per employee a year into this HSA. The great thing about the HSA is that you can use it for stuff your health care doesn't cover to like dental, eye care, and even vitamins.

Time to look for a new job :laugh:

Ours is going from 85/biweekly to 103 first of the year but deducs are $20 doc $0 ER and 10/20/50 tiered script copays....I guess I can't complain.

good thing i work for a private ambulance service. they pay most of our insurance, i think i only pay like 46$ a month, 5$ for vision. 7$ dental, and 18$for short and long term disability.

I work for one of those EVIL managed care companies and the stink of it all is they offer their OWN employees CRAPPY health coverage! My family is covered undered my husband's policy which I have to say is awesome coverage. My co-workers get so sick of me talking about how awesome our coverage it is.

I am a contract negotiator for the company so my job is like the lowest of low. It took me a year to feel the need to ask for forgiveness or feel the need to go to confession every day after work. It is a slimy business. The physicians are out to do anything for a buck and the insurance companies are out to do anything for a buck as well. The worst part is that there are so many different reimbursement rates that doctors will accept depending on whether a patient is covered by say Medicaid, some other public assistance, or has an actual employer based commerial policy. :(

its time to renew our policy at work and currently i am paying 65$ a week for my family with 20 copay for doctor and 50 for ER with 15 and 30 for gen/brand perscripts. with no other copays or deductables...its a pretty good plan...BUT WAIT...highmark BCBS of Pa wants a rate increase to $219 ..A WEEK!!!!!! this is a major rip off by these insurance companys because they know reform is comeing!!!! and this is on top of company contribution of $1088 a month per employee also!!! :banghead: grrrrrrrrrrrrrr steaming mad!!!!! and now they tell us here are the rate increases and you have to decide in 5 days or you wont be covered in jan. so we are really short on time to comparison price... ANY IDEAS OF NATIONWIDE GROUPS WE COULD JOIN TO HELP WITH THIS COSTS PLEASE MESSAGE ME WITH CONTACT NUMBER FOR BROKER SO WE CAN GET A QUOTE!!. :please:

Sounds more like your Co. is picking up less of the tab and passing more of it along to you. That's in addition to the increase of the insurance premium. Just cancel it Obama has a plan, I would not even worry about it.

Don't feel bad, my family plan with my employer is $448 a month. The way I see it you have to main drivers to the cost of health care:

1) Law suits that shouldn't been allowed.
2) Jury's awarding extreme payouts which are then passed along to all of us through higher prices.
3) Lack of morality and leadership within the executive staff of most companies.

Just remember you get what you pay for. My plan is only $38 a week. They think I can't do math and figure out I am paying $150ish a month. Cheap yes. Good no. My deduct is 400 buck every year. Oh and any specalist I see don't count. So here I am paying out of pocket for everything. The worst part is if I am sick I must goto the doctor to be cleared for full duty. That means if I get the flu for a week and half I need to pay a doctor to say I am healthy bye bye $150 bucks just to go back to work.

Gov jobs do come with strings.

Health Insurance companies are one of the most heavily regulated and structured industries in the Nation. Every step and every plan is monitored by your friendly government. You want to point fingers? Want to sound clever? Point em' right at the regulatory agencies, Big Pharmaceuticals, and Doctors. Plain and simple, this is where your "ZOMG this is criminal" has some merit.

I used to think just like this. I used to point at the Insurance companies and lay blame, but I've actually done some digging, had some conversations with ACTUAL insurance experts and it's pretty clear where the trouble lies, and it's NOT profiteering Insurance companies, they just become easy marks cause we don't want to admit that many Doctors are experts at billing things that aren't needed, and pharmaceutical companies continually place profits ahead of patients.

There's good and bad in any industry, just remember that your insurance company has several watchdogs, and tons of Government interference/oversight. You think it's bad now though? Wait and see what happens if some of these "Health Care" packages take effect, a larger cluster &%$^ you'll never see.

So I'd say maybe you'd be well served by actually doing some digging, asking some questions, and what you'll likely find is the the "EVIL" Health Insurer isn't where your angst should be pointed...

The "Health Insurance is Evil" crap is just that. You want to see some creepy policies? Policies that make you say WTF? Check into Casualty... You know Auto, Motorcycle etc... This is the land of the bastard policy.

Rates have been going up for years, well before any attempt at health care reform. It's big bucks for the insurance companies, that's why they have glass covered sky scrapers, intercontinental corporate jets and big bonuses for the executives. They are greedy and just want to keep milking the cash cow.

You're wrong, and you're likely thinking about the wrong industry.

Back