Headlight question

bigrn69

Registered
I took the nose off to change the turn signals to clear lens. I was also going to change low beam to a brighter h7 bulb. The problem is the h7 bulb doesn't fit the stock harness??? I looked online at a micro fiche and see there is an adapter. Am I just stupid it looked like a big solid bulb to me no adapter. The rubber boot was missing and the spring retainer clip that is supposed to be there isn't either. The bulb is held in with safety wire. Does anyone know where I can get a new Spring retainer clip. I am not going to do the hid's till the winter. And does anyone know what othe type of bulb would fit or was I just not looking at it correctly. I wasn't expecting any adapters for sure.

you have to pull the bulb out of the adapter. it looks like one piece but its two

i have got some of those bulbs and im not using them due to my twin light convertion if anybody needs them send me a message with your house adress and i'll send them to you.

jesse i've baged them up will ship out to you first thin monday mate
beerchug.gif

sorry I had my computer take a dump on me. It's not a bulb I need it's that stupid spring metal clip that holds the bulb in NOBODY I have called has it. I have sent out feelers to all of the salvage yards online. If anyone has one I will pay them $20 for it shipped to me in NJ!!!!! I just want to put it back on so I don't have to worry about the safety wire letting go while i'm riding. I can always order a boot.

I wish I could show you. I don't have one and it doesn't show up on micro fiche. You can't buy it as a separate part . I don't have any way to get or bend spring steel.

Well I bought a headlight assembly from a 92 gsxr 600 that had the clips in it on ebay for 9 bucks and with a little bit of bending they work just fine. I also realized that the adapter was there so I changed the bulb for now. How completely idiotic is Suzuki for using an adapter instead of wiring a direct H7 plug on their harness. Any way the HID will be installed this winter. I am going to pick up an extra wire harness and solder in an H7 connector and a pulse timer while I'm at it.

(bigrn69 @ Aug. 11 2007,08:57) sorry I had my computer take a dump on me. It's not a bulb I need it's that stupid spring metal clip that holds the bulb in NOBODY I have called has it. I have sent out feelers to all of the salvage yards online. If anyone has one I will pay them $20 for it shipped to me in NJ!!!!! I just want to put it back on so I don't have to worry about the safety wire letting go while i'm riding. I can always order a boot.
If someones near by you might be able to remove there's and fashion one for yourself out of wire or rod stock
wink.gif

Back