Hayabusa R for 2010

Close imagination. However, this is probably closer.

Done by JonReed and a lot of others who cooperated in the project with the Tenth Year Anniversary in mind.

IMG_25741248124405.jpg

OG thread
icon2.gif
Tenth Anniversary Hayabusa unveiled at Laguna Seca BETTER PICS ADDED!

Beautiful bike .... I've read that it was built to respond to the AMA's ruling on Buell's 1125RR.

From the AMA:

"Buell will produce a limited number of 1125RR motorcycles for sale only to licensed professional road racers who will compete in the AMA Pro Racing American Superbike class. U.S. MSRP is $39,995. Orders must be placed through the Buell Race Department and delivered through an authorized Buell motorcycle dealer."

From thekneeslider:

"Yoshimura is opening up their race shop to everyone, just bring your money and step right up. If you think you can handle the same bike that Mat Mladin races, just build your own GSX-R1000RR from off the shelf parts. Even better, it seems we’ll see a ready made bike showing up in, or at least being offered through dealers.

When Buell introduced their 1125RR, there was considerable disagreement over interpreting rules to allow the fully assembled race only motorcycle to compete in American Superbike. Mat Mladin, among many others, wasn’t pleased over the flexible rules allowing the non street legal bike into the series. Yoshimura dug into their parts list and modified a 2009 GSX-R1000 into the most race ready bike possible while still keeping it street legal. (Well, street legal might be stretching the words a bit, but that’s what they say.) The GSX-R1000RR is the result and, though no price was quoted, it’s going to be expensive, but if you want one and have the cash, it’s yours."

Buell seems to be doing all they can make the whole racing community including fans hate them. They bring out a bike twice as large as the 600's and 130 cc's more than any other twin. Now they release a "street" bike to try to get an edge on the rest. I have an idea try building a better bike and not that sled you released already. Just because AMA has the word American in its title doesn't mean that an American company should be allowed to push it product and adjust the rules for their lack of build quality.

I was at the opening race in Daytona. I don't care for that class at all especially as the headliner 200 race. On top of that it had a screwed up restart.

Should have expected DMG aka NASCAR would screw things up in a hurry. Too bad.

Very nice ride. Someone posted it up a while back. You might find some different info there. :thumbsup:

From what I read, AMA had a rule change to level the field for all the other teams because Yoshimura was so doninate. WELL, It didn't work as Matt smoked em anyway. Not to mention, he had a back injury at the first race. They also had to take 09 bikes and hurry up to get them ready before Daytona. They must have good mechanics:laugh:.

Buell seems to be doing all they can make the whole racing community including fans hate them. They bring out a bike twice as large as the 600's and 130 cc's more than any other twin. Now they release a "street" bike to try to get an edge on the rest. I have an idea try building a better bike and not that sled you released already. Just because AMA has the word American in its title doesn't mean that an American company should be allowed to push it product and adjust the rules for their lack of build quality.

You have very succintly summed up why I will no longer even watch AMA races anymore; and there is no frigging way I will spend money and waste time to see one in person anymore.

DMG has riuned a once great series. Let the Harley faithful go see their Austrian engined bikes with twice the displacement beat the "Japanese JUNK" sewing machines as I am constantly reminded I am riding. I'm certain a lot of them will get off on that. They won't care that the Buells are basically one off bikes with twice the displacement.

It's the same thing that happened in NHRA drag racing. They gave a ridiculous advantage in displacement to the V-rod engined bikes and the 4 cylinder, 4 valve bikes are displacement penalized so severely, that all you now see in the finals are mostly Harley's.
It's a free country with free enterprise so the only way to protest is to not show up or watch the series. :rant:

... It's the same thing that happened in NHRA drag racing. They gave a ridiculous advantage in displacement to the V-rod engined bikes and the 4 cylinder, 4 valve bikes are displacement penalized so severely, that all you now see in the finals are mostly Harley's.
It's a free country with free enterprise so the only way to protest is to not show up or watch the series. :rant:

I hear ya. NHRA Pro Stock motorcycle racing went too far.

In addition 1000 ft fuel racing is bogus to me. Who would have ever thought NHRA Top Fuel and Funny Car racing would not be quarter-mile?

I hear ya. NHRA Pro Stock motorcycle racing went too far.

In addition 1000 ft fuel racing is bogus to me. Who would have ever thought NHRA Top Fuel and Funny Car racing would not be quarter-mile?

Agreed..... will never be the same.....

???

I love the 09 gsxr 1k... reason why I have one and a busa too! Awesome bikes for sure! It would be nice to see Yoshi do up a busa like they do a 1k! But times are hard on everyone! Also I have to agree that DMG ruined the AMA... Its nice to have a field of bikes closer in spec and affordable for the privateers, but now you have bikes that are slower then the rest of the world. So when our riders here in the USA go over sea's.... they have even a larger learning curve to learn.... due to new tracks and stronger bikes!

Back