Hayabusa Obscure Running Problem Fixed, At Last. 7th Thread, Hope It's My Last Lol.

David Offor

Registered
I've finally fixed my bike, many suggestions and help from some great people, on this great site, had so many false hopes but finally after a process of elimination the faulty component was found.
Crankshaft position sensor, was the culprit.
I thought I had eliminated it, a long time ago but after changing pretty much everything, this was the last component and by replacing it, my bike takes off like a rocket, no hesitation, no codes, just power, all over the place.
Uploading this video, showing the throttle from tickover, greatly improved but watch the dash next to the 00, see how when the revs pick up the dash moves up, is this normal?
Anyway, at last the FIXED and cause, update, that I've been longing for.
Thanks everyone, for your suggestions over the last 6 threads that I've posted, all useful.
Dave.

Great news man! Hope you finally get a chance to enjoy your bike at it's full potential.

I'm curious to hear a response about the tick mark for the GPS as well. Mine does the same thing, where it moves to the top whenever I apply throttle. Interested to know if this is normal as well.

Congrats again man!

Shaun

I'll enjoy it, until my 6th driving ban arrives the pitfalls of living in a speed camera infested country.
I know that the dash is supposed to rise to the top, it proves that the TPS is working but I'm wondering If the increase in revs are a result of a sudden ECU adjustment, instead of a gradual increase from the ECU? I've got a feeling that it's normal on a stock bike, I'll stick the open cans back on it, now that it's running right, that will probably smooth out the tickover a little more and entertain the neighbours :thumbsup:.

Man!! That was a hell of a journey to get the bike all squared away!! Glad is over for you and you can now put some miles on her.!!

Yes, it's been a big learning curve for me.
I just wanted to find the problem and post the result, so that anyone else with similar symptoms could possibly avoid all the hassle I went through I was told by a few people, that the crankshaft position sensor, wouldn't cause my problems and I also tested it too, a long time ago and thought that I'd ruled it out, as being a problem but I was wrong.
I've got a black set of panels to go on, so now, I can finally enjoy the bike.

New cloths, with the new lease of life.

image.jpeg

Yes David the -00 is your throttle position line, that's just a visual gauge so your able to set the tps your self,if that line is lower or higher at tickover you need to correct it to the centre again, when you move the throttle it will also move,if not your tps has failed

Yes David the -00 is your throttle position line, that's just a visual gauge so your able to set the tps your self,if that line is lower or higher at tickover you need to correct it to the centre again, when you move the throttle it will also move,if not your tps has failed
I was more wondering about if the sudden increase in revs, was connected to a dead spot, in the tps, at around 3000rpm but looking at the video again, it looks like just a coincidence, that the dash moved up, when the revs 'jumped' a little, probably because I've had so many dramas with the bike, I'm seeing things that arnt there and being too critical.

haha Punisher! Looks awesome man. You gotta do some moto vlogs!
The kit was cheap Shaun, I love the black, never played the game though but it's grown on me, got to get some tasteful decals to break up the black.
Hmmmm not sure about blogs, happy to just brainstorm with people here, over problems.
Have you had any news on yours yet?

The kit was cheap Shaun, I love the black, never played the game though but it's grown on me, got to get some tasteful decals to break up the black.
Hmmmm not sure about blogs, happy to just brainstorm with people here, over problems.
Have you had any news on yours yet?

No nothing so far, but I dont expect to hear anything. You should do the vlogs just to talk about anything man. Id be interested in hearing your thoughts while riding with full Busa power ;-)

I see so many open ended threads, electrical problems cause so much grief on these modern bikes, it's where resolution is needed the most, I was never going to give up, until it was fixed and post the cause and fix, to help others and for my own closure.
Lol Shaun, think people be fed up listening to me banging on about my problems, surprised no one suggested I see a counsellor tbh and the longest times I hang onto my license is when my bikes are in pieces :laugh::laugh::laugh:, I have got the additional lights working on mine now, as if I needed to draw any more attention to myself, goes well with the open cans.
I'm sorry you moved yours on but it was the right decision and you mostly posted what the problems were, like mine, interesting and obscure problem.

image.jpeg

...surprised no one suggested I see a counsellor tbh and the longest times I hang onto my license is when my bikes are in pieces :laugh::laugh::laugh:, I have got the additional lights working on mine now, as if I needed to draw any more attention to myself, goes well with the open cans.
I'm sorry you moved yours on but it was the right decision and you mostly posted what the problems were, like mine, interesting and obscure problem.

View attachment 1570525

:laugh::lol::laugh:

Haha! Nah I think you did a good service by 'chronicling' your problems, because I'm sure someone at some point in time will get some benefit from it!

What IS that light? Is that an LED on your fairing?

I hope so.
Led's, they were fitted to the fairing when I bought it, so I thought I may as well get them working, I think they actually look quite good, not too tacky.
I just need to sort out some decent decals/stickers now, to go with the look and break up the black a little.
Is there a Kawasaki.org site, like this one Shaun? hope you won't be needing it though lol.

Good to hear your bike is running well again! Got to give you cred for your persistence! :thumbsup:

Mine is back from shop no 3 and more dyno testing and in my case with jerky thottle response and loss of power at top end it seems to have been a faulty TPS. Haven't test ridden it more than 40 kms yet due to winter conditions but so far so good. Keeping my fingers crossed because now it's off to the turbo builder :)

Back