Hayabusa Engine Question

JaviBUSA08

Registered
Hello guys,

Quick question. I have an 08 busa with 61 miles on it. Today I took it out but I had it sitting in the garage for about a week. Well, It runs GREAT and seems perfect but when I went to park it I got off the bike and leaned down next to it to pick up a paper I dropped (the engine was still running) and I could hear the pistons going. Is this normal? Its not like a clank clank clank noise but I can hear them. I mean I am use to hearing car engines and some are so smooth you dont hear the engine just like a humming sound. But this you can hear them a little more. Not so much humming. Now granted I can only hear this when I put my head next to the engine. If its a stupid question I am sorry but I was just worried...

It will go away after awhile, Just need to break it in.
beerchug.gif

If you have to lean down next to the engine to hear it, it's most likely normal. If you're that worried about it though, hit up the dealer. It's still under warrenty and with 61 miles, there's not much they can dispute (cause we all know how much they like to say it's "normal wear" or "rider error")

Doubtful that your engine noise is indicative of a problem.

First service is at 600 miles, so you don't need to change it at 61 miles. Some people like to do an oil/filter dump earlier, as a preventative measure.

Busa motors... Wait Suzuki Motors, have always sounded like a Blender full of ball bearings. I'd say no worries till it goes BANG...
thumb_up.gif

Sometimes I just sit on the driveway and listen to it run.
It's like listening to an orchestra.

Corny I know, but true.
lurk.gif

Not to drag off another guys post but i too have a new Busa with 100 miles on it and the check engine light comes on alog with the red oil light every time I initially turn on the key...Is this normal?

Back