Having a hard time trying to load stage 1 turbo maps on a old pc3 r serial port

Ozzybusa99

Registered
Hi guys great site... I'm Eamonn I live in Sydney Australia . I'm having no luck trying to load a map in an old pc3 r. I've never done it before and any advice would be apprecitated... Thanks

Welcome,and contact OZBooster(board member here and on top of everything to do with turbos,tuning/mapping/electrical,etc....plus,he lives over in your neck of the woods:laugh:).Super nice guy and as smart as they come,he'll get you fixed up.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the Props Jeff, Saying nice things about me like that will have me buying you a beer or 2 at Mojave in Sept :)

Eamonn my number is 0428 655 445 , if you want to talk ,
Is there a map in the pc now ? have to be carefull just loading maps on a turbo , need a dyno or some way to check the a/f if you make changes
Whos kit ?
do you have a serial port laptop or using a usb converter

Thanks for the Props Jeff, Saying nice things about me like that will have me buying you a beer or 2 at Mojave in Sept :)

Eamonn my number is 0428 655 445 , if you want to talk ,
Is there a map in the pc now ? have to be carefull just loading maps on a turbo , need a dyno or some way to check the a/f if you make changes
Whos kit ?
do you have a serial port laptop or using a usb converter

There you go bro,OZ to the rescue again.:thumbsup:

Hell,i'll buy you the beers just for being a good guy and always going above and beyond to help everybody.:thumbsup:

thanks for getting back to me guys...been away for work had had no way of getting on a computer...ok...the kit is a rpm racing t3/t4 turbo ext waste gate ....it has a custom map from s and r pro that is set up for a 4 in to 1 pipe ...and iam useing a serial port to usb adaptor .......the bike has been off the road for 4 weeks now.....not as easy as it sounded....im not after huge horse power... but love the idea of having it turboed... when would it be a good time to ring you ozbooster... thanks for all your time guys...

Possibly your serial adaptor, some just don't work well with engine manager stuff , If you can easily get your hands on an older win 98 or xp computer with a proper serial port it could help, or try another usb /serial converter

any time from 8 in the morn till 10 at nite

Be carefull just loading a map and riding, realy needs checking or you will join the long list of guys that hurt there bikes very soon after fitting a turbo

Thanks for everyone's help here.. I ended up running a standalone ecu from moristech.. It's now tuned for e85... And makes 264hp .. I'm now in the process of building a new engine for it. This new engine will be built to suit turbo and pump fuel .. I haven't posted for a while but always come here for a good read... Thanks guys

Back