has anyone here ever installed here?

chev982

Registered
i purchased a set of these at a Toronto show. They looked pretty neat at the time, but when i got them home tore the bike apart i have no idea how to mount them!! im open to ideas!

by the way the salesman told me(from mototeck) that were LED front signal lights.

Were going to need pics or link to some pics Bro. Otherwise I think everyone is just as confused as you...
wink.gif

ah that didnt work the way i wanted to either
click suzuki on the left hd side
scroll down to part #15(its on the right hand side)
its called LED hayabusa board

hope this works

They come with what looks like a male 1156 connector. I assume you plug this into the female 1156 connector on the bike. The LED's are then mounted using foam double back tape....

<!--EDIT|ks-waterbug
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106242633 -->

5200290.jpg

yes i saw that they come with double sided tape, its just that theres no where to really stick the tape too, without it lookin like shid.

Ummm... Looks like you'd have to remove the lense from the front turn signals and mount the lense onto that board. I think I'd use silicone or something else before I used d/s tape... Liiks like they're shaped like the front signal lense base though...
rock.gif

Edit: Yeah, upon lookin again you can see that the wiring has "bulb base" ends that plug into the bulb socket. I'm bettin' you have to cut the lens off and put that inside it, then put the lens back on...

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106245040 -->

Ok, I dug out a spare set of front busa signals I have and looked at them. It's hard to tell from that small pic of the mototek boards, but it does look like they would either replace the lens, or go behind it, depending on the size of the boards...

After further study of the stock pods I've gotta say that those boards would mount behind the lens. Just don't see any other way for that shape to work. The one squared off end works out with one end of the silver internal reflector in the stock signal housing. Looks like you're going to have to tear into your signals to install those.
rock.gif

They come with what looks like a male 1156 connector. I assume you plug this into the female 1156 connector on the bike. The LED's are then mounted using foam double back tape....
Checked the pic but didn't read your reply...
drooling3.gif
Could they really make them that cheesy? That would look like crap!
mad.gif
Not to mention what it might do to aerodynamics of the front end to have two recesses with squared bottoms in 'em where nice bullet shaped signal lenses used to be...

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106245632 -->

Ok, last hit in the one man post party...
laugh.gif

I also pulled out an upper I've got and there's no way to attach the boards to it without the stock signal pod attached. So yeah, you're going to have to use them... somehow. Looks like the lens would be easy enough to remove so you can play around with it and figure it out. Just get a tube of silicone so you can seal it back up when done.
wink.gif

drooling3.gif
mad.gif
Not to mention what it might do to aerodynamics of the front end to have two recesses with squared bottoms in 'em where nice bullet shaped signal lenses used to be...
my thoughts exactly bullet, however i was idiot that bought them, for a cash deal. i dont know if they will exchange them or not. i tried my best to get them to look decent anywhere on the bike but no luck

has anyone ever dealt with mototeck? i have emailed them twice and have had no responce.

drooling3.gif
mad.gif
my thoughts exactly bullet, however i was idiot that bought them, for a cash deal. i dont know if they will exchange them or not. i tried my best to get them to look decent anywhere on the bike but no luck

has anyone ever dealt with mototeck? i have emailed them twice and have had no responce.
Don't give up on 'em too quick. If they mount behind the lens they could look pretty sweet in operation. I'd never use them if they just flat flush mounted in the signal holes though. That's not going to be the case though. Just not possible lookin' at the upper I've got layin' here. If you're not comfortable tearing into the signals you might could get someone local to you to help with the install... If I was close by I'd help ya tackle it. Unfortunately there'd be some shipping charges to contend with if you sent them to me to install for you...

Hey, I just realized you're in Canada. How close are you to monsterspeedfreak ? I'm certain he could get them in and working for you if he's not too far off...
rock.gif

Hey, I just realized you're in Canada. How close are you to monsterspeedfreak ? I'm certain he could get them in and working for you if he's not too far off...
rock.gif
i thought u were talking about a bike shop
i think i know who u are talking about now though and if im right he lives in Britich Columbia, across the country

ive kinda given up on them, a buddy and i sat down and tried to figure it out but no matter what they look like crap. u can see the wires through the clear lense that i bought i just dont like the look, i thought that maybe someone already tried to install them. ah well anyother ideas?

Yeah BT, I think they intended for the buyer to seperate the lens housings,(you do this very gently with hot water or a blow dryer to get the glue soft again) then insert the electronic light board, then reglue the housing back together and finally plug the male plug into the female 1156 plug. I think.???

yah actually i did just that, but how do u keep them from flopping around in there? i dont silicone would hold it.

what i ended up doin for now is put my clear lense on and bought an orange bulb. just so its back together, in case u know winter decides to go home early

so i was doing it right, its just the mounting and how the look mounted that i dont like

Back