Happy to say Im ready for the NY snow

oldgixxer

Registered
I have a nightmare driveway,very steep,and winds down hill like a large S almost 1000' to the house. People that come to plow it always slide off and get stuck in the lawn&a large storm costs me a small fortune. Been successfully using a large snowblower since '02 but thats getting parked this winter.

I've been tossing around the idea of buying an old Jeep Wrangler. Examples with hi mileage and a slightly rusted frame can be had for $2500-4000 with a plow set up. Dont care about the rust issue cause they all do eventually,and wouldnt register/insure it as Id use it solely for the driveway in winter months&then park it in the garage during the summer. But I decided against it for a few reasons and went this route instead:

Bought a 2015 Polaris 570 Sportsman last week,and ordered a Warn 3500# winch and Polaris 60" Glacier Pro Plow(super easy to mount&dismount) which should be here tomorrow. Also have a salt spreader to mount on back. Will easily handle 8-12" with a few passes and for the huge storms(which we seemed to have a lot of here in NY) as long as I plow with the storm I'll be fine.

Another plus is that my daughter and I can now trail ride together as we have a smaller quad too. Already made some trails on the 2acre lot next to us and she's been having a blast.

Heres some pics taken in the backyard:

IMG_5424.jpg

IMG_5426.jpg

IMG_5430.jpg

IMG_5420.jpg

IMG_5416.jpg

Nice!! Here is a little advice....You will slide if not careful with that on snow. Might want to think about a tire change or chains.

Both neighbors have equally ****ty driveway,both have quads&have never seen them slide:dunno: If it does,Im not worried,I'll mount chains like you said.:beerchug:

Hit 90ish here yesterday. However a cold front is coming. Expected to hit low 80's. Just enough to push that pesky storm past us up north to NY.

If Global Warming was a real thing the cold temps and snow would not be around in early October.
That and all the snow would be only in Canada or North of there.

Yes it sucks that it is getting this cold this early. My goal is not to turn the heat on until Halloween.
In the past I made that goal - but in the last few years it seems it has gotten earlier and earlier that I have to turn the heat on
and I don't even have a woman here forcing me to do that. So if I turn it on you know it's cold.

Last year we had record snow fall in November.
Last year we had the least amount of snow fall in December. But it was still cold.
The rest of last year was just plain too cold for too long which is becoming normal.

So anyone that still believes in Global Warming you can come to my house and I'll prove that it doesn't exist.

Drought is another story. I believe the West is in real trouble with a shortage of water.

Sorry if that was off topic :unhappy:

Back