Hangovers: Prevention and Cure

Wag

Evil Demon Busa Rider
Donating Member
Registered
Standiggity made me think that I'd never seen a thread on this subject so lay it on us:

How do you prevent hangovers? (Besides not imbibing in the first place!)
How do you cure a hangover in progress?

For me, prevention is the name of the game. If you take a Vitamin B complex every day, that will help a great deal. If you know you're going out drinking, take a vitamin B12 before you go out and, if you remember, another one when you get home. Most hangovers will bow down to that onslaught!

But the preventative that works for me 100% of the time, aside from abstinence, is if you know you're going to be drinking, start the evening off by eating the biggest, leafy green salad you can. The dark green stuff like spinach, especially, has a ton of chlorophyll and for some reason, it absorbs all the impurities in alcohol which causes hangovers.

As for curing a hangover in progress, I don't have a clue. You can't take Tylenol or Alleve 'cause that's like dropping a bomb on your liver which is already trying to deal with the alcohol. Advil might be the same but I'm not sure as of yet. Aspirin? Yeah, right. Cold compresses help some. Dark, quiet rooms. Puking. They all help a little but is there a cure? No narcotics allowed!

:beerchug:

--Wag--

hydrate, much of the problems with a hangover comes from being dehydrated.

The next day... clean the system.. I usually go with coffee, then some greasey burgers (Wendy's triple classic combo).. and mostly just don't move.. at all... for the next day, lol.

1 Unit of normal Saline by IV works eevrytime. Do not ask me how I know please. All I can say is Volunteer Rescue Squad. LOL

Yup, funny how when you got a hangover the next day, you crave a greasy burger or a greasy cheese steak sub!

why ever would you say that??:whistle::whistle:

Have IV will drink.:rofl:
and then that avatar.....

c49a037b.jpg

the best cure is to drink as often as possible after a little while your body adjusts. I go out drinking for the better half of the week and I get after three or four hours of sleep and go to work around 7:20am every morning and on weekends I wake around 8 or 9 after a heavy night of drinking. But for the person that doesn't drink all the time water, greasy food, sleep and pepmo is the best cure for me at least oh and drink alot of water through out the day it helps keep you hydrated because thats what causes hangover is dehydration.

Ok, the expert will chime in now. The number one way to cure a hangover in progress is pure oxygen. The oxygen in an oxygen/acetelene torch for example, works wonders !!!! I have been in the car buisness now for a lil over a decade, and im telling you it works, just make sure the acetelene valve is all the way off :whistle: :laugh: :beerchug:

1 Unit of normal Saline by IV works eevrytime. Do not ask me how I know please. All I can say is Volunteer Rescue Squad. LOL

+1. Ha ha ha

Gotta love the team medic...
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah I've had the IV treatment before, works great...

I've also got a sure fire works every time solution.

DRINK IN FREAKING MODERATION!!! If you're not 16 and it's not New Years learn some freaking self control. :rofl: Seriously, nothing works better than only a few drinks. :beerchug:

1) don't drink
2) drink in moderation
3) otherwise drink water before during, and after and man up dayumit :poke:

two things that work really great. Hydration, drink water and more water, can't get enough of it. Second is the one that really works the best. Back in my early 20s when I really drank, I also worked for a medical supply/medical equipment supplier. I had a company van that I drove home. In the back, yep, plenty of oxygen. After a hard night I would get a tank and a mask, kick back in the recliner for about 20 minutes and the hangover disappeared.

One BIG BOWL of MENUDO with a GLASS of ICE COLD Tomato Juice....:beerchug:

Any Real MEXICAN Would Know this PROJERK !!!!!!!!!!!:moon:

Wow

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have done a lot of stuff including taking several advil or tylenol before hand. That has worked, but sometimes when you push it tooo far there ain't much that will help. Never did the IV thing, and at 31 don't plan on it.

Back