GSXR Subframe?

Frankie Figs

Registered
I'm going to buy a Busa for my next bike.  I'm wanting to use a 2002 style GSXR tailsection, subframe, and gas tank.  I know the tailsection will require the use of the same model subframe and seat.  Does anyone know if the subframe and tank will bolt on?

Thanks,
Frankie

Frankie, I don't have an answer for you here but I've been considering doing just the oppositte to my '01 gsxr, although I'll probably keep my stock subframe, change out to a Tiger Racing undertail and adapt the Hayabusa tail section to fit.
Funny avatar there by the way and welcome to the board here,
Todd

Thanks
smile.gif
I've been looking at pics of the busa frame and GSXR frame. It looks like the subframes will swap out. Its almost too easy to just do that as opposed to making the tail fit the wrong subframe.

Not sure if or when it will happen for me, but for the reason i'll be doing it, it will be worth the extra effort to keep my "inards" as I have to much in there to be wanting to swap back and forth each time(I would only be running the Hayabusa tail at topspeed events so i would jsut modify one ot fit what I have).
I'll look forward to your pics and findings if you post them up when you do it.
Todd

I will post a full write up with pics when I get around to doing it. I'm just trying to plan it out so I know what I'm getting into. I hope someone can shed some light on this. I have a friend with a busa but he wont let me tear it apart and take measurements
sad.gif

GiXXer tail sections look sweet on Busas.
Check out the Jan. 08 2WheelTuner.
There's an 08 Busa with a Gixxer 1000 tail section.
In that artical they had to fab up a tubular sub frame.

But that tailsection is from an 05-06, right? If its the same bike im thinking of it is, and 05-06 gsxr1000 has a totally different subframe from the 01-02 gsxr1000.

I have my tail off of my 03 Busa right now. I have an 03-04 gixxer tail , and it will not fit over the Busa subframe.
I also have a 03-04 subframe, it will not bolt up to the Busa frame.
All of this is going on my 00 Busa.
I will use the gixxer subframe and tail,and just use the "lugs" off of a Busa subframe.
I will have to get a couple of pieces to go between the "lugs" that will be bolted to the frame, and the gixxer subframe to get it to line up.

Did any of that make sense?

I have my tail off of my 03 Busa right now. I have an 03-04 gixxer tail , and it will not fit over the Busa subframe.
I also have a 03-04 subframe, it will not bolt up to the Busa frame.
All of this is going on my 00 Busa.
I will use the gixxer subframe and tail,and just use the "lugs" off of a Busa subframe.
I will have to get a couple of pieces to go between the "lugs" that will be bolted to the frame, and the gixxer subframe to get it to line up.

Did any of that make sense?
Yes it did! This is what I was looking for. Can you take a pic to show how far off it is?

It'll probably have to be the weekend when I can get someone to hold it up, so I can get the picture, but yes, I sure can.

thumb_up.gif

Back