GSX-R 1000 tail Mod from SportChrome/Greggs Customs

TurboSwag

Registered
Took quite a while to get these finished and put on. Ran into a few problems but here it is, start to finish, complete and running. Thanks to Jon Reed from Greggs Customs for the parts and help.

GSXR tail 0.jpg

GSXR tail 1.jpg

GSXR tail 2.jpg

GSXR tail 3.jpg

GSXR tail 4.jpg

GSXR tail 5.jpg

GSXR tail 7.jpg

GSXR tail 8.jpg

GSXR tail finish.jpg

Looks great bro. Don't listen to the haters. You'll pass them in the tight corners anyway due to better maneuverability.

Dang, that thing should really rail the corners now that you've shoved a gixxer tail feather up it's arse :thumbsup:

Looks like a nice complete kit for the switch. Care to share the cost to assist those who may be considering the same move in making their decision?

Dang, that thing should really rail the corners now that you've shoved a gixxer tail feather up it's arse :thumbsup:

Looks like a nice complete kit for the switch. Care to share the cost to assist those who may be considering the same move in making their decision?

Thanks all, I love it, I know some people aren't too fond of it but its mine so I ccan do whatever I please :laugh:
It wasn't too bad to do, only took about 6 hours total work. When I bought the kit there were a few things missing, I had to go out and buy. I'll make a list of all the parts I got with the kit and little things i had to buy that didnt come with it.

Kit:GC Hayabusa to GSXR Subframe conversion kit in Black, Complete plastics, lamps, pillion box, Corbin Matching rear seat, Stock rear pegs and brackets

Seperate Parts:GSXR 1000 seat lock cable - seat lock plate - wiring harness (Busa not same as GSXR) and a longer battery cable.

Changes: Relocate tip over sensor, the footpeg brackets don't match stock exhaust so you can either get different mounting brackets or exhaust (I went with a Brock Alienhead and will put pics up when it gets put on)

This is all I can remember. Total for all the parts and shipping it was about $2k. If anyone ever decides to do it I'm happy to answer any questions since I know I had a lot getting it together.

It cleans up and tightens up the back end...it looks great...it will be funny when people ask you what kind of bike it is

I mainly did it for the looks, I'm not a huge fan of the hump on the back and enjoy the GSXR tail. Right now it is pretty high up but I will be putting lowering links on it and a different exhaust. It does help with performance by making it lighter, but i'm no knee dragger(yet!) Just did it for personal pleasure. I'm probably going to take the Kanji off and do a flat black and red look, might put the 1300R on the tail. That'll really throw em off!

What exhaust are you going to use?
The seat looks comfortable, how do you like it?
Bike looks good too.

Thanks :thumbsup: I have a Brocks Alienhead that I am going to put on, I only got to ride once and then went out of town but it was nice. I'm in the military stationed in TX and its back home in TN. I will be heading back in January though to finish it up and bring it down to Texas with me.

Lookin good bro. Glad Jon could help you out man. You planning on putting a different exhaust on? Nice paint btw, the sides gettin painted?

Lookin good bro. Glad Jon could help you out man. You planning on putting a different exhaust on? Nice paint btw, the sides gettin painted?

Yeh, looking for a stubby 4-1, will then get a bracket welded to hold it on the front footpeg holder, paint all done, just not got all the panels on yet, Cheers!

Back